Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland came off the rails friday.... killed one man. Kinda scary.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030905/ap_on_re_us/disneyland_accident

That's it! No more amusement parks for me.

I'll stick to the safer travelling carnivals, that set up in the mall parking lot, and hire high school drop outs to assemble the rides.
That my friend is a true thrill ride.

I would not hessitate to go on the ride at all, our of the hundreds of thousands of times maybe even millions that ride has gone its saftey record is a lot safer then driving down the street in your car.

I am an amusement park nut. :)

Its just like airplanes, much much safter than automobiles, but when an airplane crash is reported it scares some people to death. I think its the fact that they have no control over what happens in an airplane like they do in an automobile.

Makes the ride a little more interesting. If there is a chance (however slight) that something could go wrong, it enhances the ride (in a gruesome sort of way).

John Corn said:
That's it! No more amusement parks for me.

I'd have a season pass to Cedar Point if I still lived in Ohio and wasn't too far from Upper Sandusky.

Just got back from Walt Disney World with the family. Take a wild guess which ride was closed for"refurbishment".

i have to agree-the safety requirements these rides have to go thru are strenuous at best-

the only reason i don't go to amusement parks is because i just don't get anything out of being slung about and shaken like an egg mixer for a minute and a half anymore

You have a better chance of getting killed by a falling chunk of blue ice (from a flying airplane leaky toilet) than being killed on a Disneyland ride. I pick the ride any day...

I have been on Big Thunder Mountain about 10 times. Twice they have shut down the ride when someone got hurt. One of those times I was to get on the next train and I saw the guy come running in carrying his child who had fallen out of the car or hit his head in the car (gaping wound in the head) and the Disney employees met the father with waivers of some sort to sign. However that has not stopped me from riding on it again.

I am originally from Canton, OH and would go every summer to Cedar Point. I still go once every two to three years. Its the greatest place on earth when it comes to rollercoasters - but the lines tend to suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)