Distants Customers: How Many of you will try to get the NPS packages, and what Packs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How many of the new NPS distants will you try to get?

• CBS East and West

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • NBC East and West

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • ABC East and West

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Fox East and West

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 87 66.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 28 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for all, I get all but abc from D* and only lost Cbs from E* but it is the principle of the matter... ( had primetime 24 on BUD before I went to D* ) my so called locals are in Albuquerque and all we hear is Albuquerque /Santa Fe stuff...

I'll try & get it all, of COURSE... :D :D I'm still getting Denver distants since I "moved" thereabout's, but since I'm actually considered in a white area of the Denver DMA for all 4 nets, I should have no problem qualifying for all of the NPS distants. :D I'll end up having the same thing I had prior to yesterday when I lost my E & W distants, except from different cities.

I'll actually be like old home week - when I had my BUD, I used to watch CBS from San Fran, since it was on at midnight my "real" time. They used to have their prime time prog on a 2 hour delay from the east coast, NOT 3 like the majority of the west coast networks. They eventually switched to a 3 hour delay like the rest, but right after, PT24 took down the west feeds altogether. :( :(

Dishrich....

I have been thinking about "moving" to an area that still gets DNS., But being a granny here, I am not sure how that works. I mean, if I call D* and give them my "new address", don't they have to come out and do some kind of installation? Or do they just change things over the phone?
You guys (and gals) are all so helpful...Love ya loads...

my so called locals are in Albuquerque and all we hear is Albuquerque /Santa Fe stuff...

Oh, the memories of KOB cutting off the beginning of Seinfeld every week and randomly going to black screen for extended periods during network programming. Oh, and I almost forgot the hours of fun watching my VCR's stereo indicator blink on and off...

Not sure I understand the details, but I would select CBS-HD if it was the NY. This may have been discussed before but I'm on a dialup at 14.4 kbps and didn't take the time to read all the details of the NPS offering. So, if NPS is CBS-HD with DD5.1, I'll go for it! :)

I have been thinking about "moving" to an area that still gets DNS., But being a granny here, I am not sure how that works. I mean, if I call D* and give them my "new address", don't they have to come out and do some kind of installation? Or do they just change things over the phone?

Hi there, sorry that I missed your question... (BTW, E*=DISH, D*=DirecTV)

Understand there is NO way to qualify for DNS on E* anymore, per se. The only thing you CAN do, would be to "move" to one of the current local markets that currently is NOT spotbeamed. This would be NY, LA, Chicago or Denver. You would ONLY be able to get the main networks from that single markets, but you could get them wherever you travel, as they can be picked up anywhere. HOWEVER, do understand that it is possible that E* might move these signals to spotbeams, which would put you back at square one.

If you decide to go this route, it's pretty simple - call E*, give them your new physical address & tell them to leave your billing address as is & they'll turn on your new networks in minutes. You would NOT need anything changed to any of your equipment or have anyone come out. Do a search on moving & you'll find plenty of info & advice on how to find an address, etc.

NOW, if you want to try & "move" with this new "All American Direct" service, then you would need to talk to them directly & give them an address that is in a "white area", (an area that cannot get local network signals from anywhere) & let them qualify your new address. But judging what others have said so far, IMHO I think I'd wait a bit & see how this "stunt" pans out before I started changing my address.

Nope, it's perfectly legally. It's just like Sky Angel and Dish, those two aren't affilliated or working actively together.
It may be "legal", but it also obviously at attempt by Dish to circumvent the Florida cour ruling. I suspect that these channels will be shut down in short order.

I got waivers from NBC and ABC here in LA the 1st time Dish Network shut off the distants back in 2000 or so.
I had NBC Atlanta & Chicago for the Falcons and Bears pre-season games.
I had ABC Atlanta for Southeast college football and basketball - regional.
I had ABC Chicago just because I get sick of LA and NY ABC on DirecTV.

I'll probably drop Dish for good in the next few months and add another DirecTV receiver and go up to 8. I have waivers from ABC, CBS and NBC with DirecTV. With local HD for me for NBC and CBS (FOX is bad and ABC doesn't come in at all) and c/ku band feeds, there's no reason for me to keep Dish except for the MLB games on the supers.

Waivers I scraped together for 5 years go poof. I'm back at square 1.

I'll try after a few days to see if I can get approved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)