Ditch 129 for 61.5

dalzotto

Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
A few weeks ago I upgraded to the HD Silver package. The installer used a separate D500 pointed at 129 and kept my Superdish 121 but disconnected 121. I wanted him to use 61.5 but he had no clue that sat existed.

The 129 signal isn't that great, it drops out quite often. Question is, can I repoint the dish to 61.5 myself or is there something Dish needs to change on my account? I still have my old Voom dish on my roof, my plan would be to probably remove the voom dish and put the D500 in it's place.

Can I do this myself, run a check switch and have it work?

dalzotto said:
A few weeks ago I upgraded to the HD Silver package. The installer used a separate D500 pointed at 129 and kept my Superdish 121 but disconnected 121. I wanted him to use 61.5 but he had no clue that sat existed.

The 129 signal isn't that great, it drops out quite often. Question is, can I repoint the dish to 61.5 myself or is there something Dish needs to change on my account? I still have my old Voom dish on my roof, my plan would be to probably remove the voom dish and put the D500 in it's place.

For most areas of the question you can. You may want to check where your locals are located, as you may lose them.

unless you have HD locals on 129 or live in South Florida or the NE you sure can...and since you have a Voom dish already up there obviously you aren't in one of those 2 "trouble" areas (Florida or NE where the signal doesnt come in at all) :)

Voom dish

Before you remove the Voom dish get the angles that is set to. U can use those as a starting point to re-point the Dish 500. I t will be a bit different in that it uses a single Lnb on a dual dish. That will only be The E/W alignment but the elevation should be similar and help you.

dalzotto said:

D-1000 sucks..129 sucks D-1000's scrotum..I hate installing D-1000 because of the cust complaints due to signal drop..129 sigs are weak no matter how much i tweak the dish..The manual states to peak on the 119 and leave it..Do not re peak on the 129 to improve the signal..I do that anyway..It takes a little bit away from the 110 and 119 but it improves the 129..But it's still sh!tty...The 61.5 is a much better choice...Great signals!

dishcomm said:
D-1000 sucks..129 sucks D-1000's scrotum..I hate installing D-1000 because of the cust complaints due to signal drop..129 sigs are weak no matter how much i tweak the dish..The manual states to peak on the 119 and leave it..Do not re peak on the 129 to improve the signal..I do that anyway..It takes a little bit away from the 110 and 119 but it improves the 129..But it's still sh!tty...The 61.5 is a much better choice...Great signals!
No holding back now, what do you really think? :D

dishcomm said:

Maybe YOU can answer this question. I currently have two Dish 500s. One of them is pointed at 61.5 (sacrifice the locals HD but I get them OTA). Now that Dish appears to be considering putting some of the RSN HDs onto both 129 and 61.5, I am thinking I might put up a Dish 1000 so that I can get 110/119, 129 on the Dish 1000 and then leave the Dish 500 getting 61.5. Will that work ok to try and get both 129 and 61.5? And does the receiver just look for the strongest signal when deciding which to use?

Iceberg said:
unless you have HD locals on 129 or live in South Florida or the NE you sure can...and since you have a Voom dish already up there obviously you aren't in one of those 2 "trouble" areas (Florida or NE where the signal doesnt come in at all) :)

You've got it backwards.. 129W is the one with the messed up footprint that doesn't cover Florida and the NE. 61.5 is good to go as long as you can "see" her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts