DM900 / DM920 - LCD4Linux

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
One of the things that annoyed the Wife was the fact that our dreamboxes don't show 12 hour time, but rather 24 hour time. I have been updating all my Dreambox images and have been doing some putzing.

I made a custom LCD that cycles every 5 seconds between the two screens. The green bar is a progress bar of how far it is into the current show.

1626903277605.png
1626903293512.png

The LCD4linux supports displaying a text file. So, i have an internal web server that runs on a Ubuntu server. I made a PHP script that creates a 12 hour format time, and the current temperature, which happens to be the actual temperature from our own personal weather station. Nice big letters allows us older people to read it, and i have it cycle every 5 seconds between the Channel name, and the Current show (EPG)

I created a Cron job on the DreamBox STB that fires every minute which calls the webserver which has the time/temperature, and writes it to a local file on the DreamBox STB. Then i use the 'Show Text File' option within LCD4Linux. The LCD4Linux updates automatically when it detects the file has changed, and wam bam, 12 hour time and the temperature. Wife happy, I'm happy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)