Status
Please reply by conversation.

SHEEPareBAD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2007
mn
uh oh.. a post from the enemy. but i have a question

i had a job today (i'm a DNS tech) that was a customer moving in with someone else. the homeowner has directv. i installed dish network on two tv's. to do so i removed the directv dish and put up mine. a half hour after i leave, my dispatch calls and tells me that theyre pissed off that i removed the d* dish and now they want me to put it back up. no big deal, except the guy watched me remove the d* dish and remove the recievers..

point is, how do i aim a multi-satellite d* dish?? (the one with the 3 eyes on the LNB) i have a eagle aspen channel master meter and the skew & elevation settings are still set on the dish.

thanks...

Let me get my tar and feathers ready.... j/k LOL

Shouldn't be too hard, we both use the same 110/119, on the triple LNB the 119 is on the left. What zipcode are they in?

If they WATCHED you take the dish and didn't say anything though, I'd say let them deal with it. They should have spoke up while you there. But I know how it is, customer is always "right". gotta love em' lol

the zip code is 55021. i just pulled it off the mast and set it on the ground. the settings are fine i believe. but what port do i use and what am i hitting when i aim?? and on there is it 110/119 & 101???

and if thats the case do d* and e* use the same birds??

well really the guy moving in with the homeowner watched me. he didnt speak english real well either. but i spent a while there when i was done mirroring tv 2 to work in two rooms. if they would have spoken up it would have been just fine. now its a headache

Arf.... >.< I feel for ya.

With our triple LNB you can use any port on it. All 4 ports feed all 3 sat's. Left to right on the LNB,

119 110 101

if you're looking at it from behind the dish. Yeah we both use the same 110/119 believe it or not, just different transponders on each one. We only use like 3 xpndr's on the 110 and 10 or so on the 119. the 101 is our main bird, that's the LNB on the right side.

Does your meter let you tune in to individual Sat's like GalaxyC, Satmex or anything? If you can choose which sat to tune to look for one that reads roughly DTV 101 3G (3rd generation) My Birdog reads something like DTV Ka/Ku 101

With the mast level, dish settings for 55021

Tilt: 74
Elevation: 36
Azimuth: 202

so... when i'm sweeping west to south, the first bird i should hit is 119. peak that and go see if i have good signal. they have these little dinky friggen receivers, how can i check the switch??

sorry, but im a directv virgin. i can do a helluva job with a e* dish, but when it comes to d*, i know nothin...

would a directv receiver work with a dish pro plus lnb? im hitting 110 and 119 with that. hmmm

Switch is built into the LNB on the triple. Nothing to check there really. Our rec'vrs basically acquire the signal and reboot on their own. As long as it has a signal going to it should automatically configure once you turn it on.

It depends what transponder your meter uses to pick up the 119. If it's a shared transponder than yeah you should hit the 119 first, and if the az/el/tilt is set right everything else should fall in line.

It will be roughly lined up about where your DNS dish is pointed, if that helps.

birdog huh, fancy. mines just an analog meter and it works for me. ive tried a satbuddy, a super sat buddy and a birddog. same results.

well on dish receivers, we need to run a test to make sure everything is pointed correctly. but if you say that it should test itself, then i'm set

thanks for your help man and ill return the favor if you need it.

No prob glad to help ^^ Only way to really "test' is go into the sat signal screen and make sure everything is between 80's and 90's. About as technical as we get LOL

Yeah we both use the same 110/119 believe it or not, just different transponders on each one.

Your telling him that D* and DISH use the same sat at 110 and 119 ?

I highly doubt that, if that was the case, you could just wait for the other guy to put up a new sat and then use his spare transponders..... Doesn't work like that, that I know of.
Also, signals should be in the 90's in most cases.

Jimbo

They do both have sats at 110/119. Different transponders though. D* Only had 3 on 110.

D* primary is 101, so 101/110/119.

E* primary is 119, they use 110/119/129 (or 61.5 in some parts, east coast, since their 129 sat is slowly dying)

For the op, never take down a dish or disconnect cable services without checking with the person who's name is on the account before actually doing it, the friend standing there has no say so over what your doing and you'll most likely have to reinstall your system and put his back the way it was.

I hate to think it, but it could be likely the guy did not know that what he/you were doing was killing one service and only enabling the other; thought that he was just adding too what they already had.

If it would have been me; I would have just installed the Dish stuff separately and left everything else totally alone, but I am sure you were wanting to reuse all the existing RG6 runs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)