This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do Dish receivers pick up FTA channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I know I've seen this answered before but cannot find it at the moment. But, I'd like to clarify my question further...

I dropped Dish Network service in Dec. 2005. Also last month, I got my Hauppauge Nexus-S Rev 2.3 card working with MyTheatre v3.33.5 (after months of no luck). I was able to pickup Angel and NASA channels on 119. However, it shows FoxNews as being a FTA channel but does not come in on my PC card. So I powered on my Dish Network (JVC Model 3800, upgraded to 3900) receiver and see shopping channels, PPV channels, Angel, NASA and FoxNews. So, I am thinking I can get the FTA channels off of Echostar's satellites with their old reciever, but not other FTA channels from non-Echostar satellites. Am I correct?

yup

EDIT: That would be "YUP" to the last question, not the title.

Last edited:
Some channels do show up on a previous subscribed box. I have just locals and get the same stuff.

The only TRUE FTA channels on Dish 119 are
-Dish 101
-NASA
-Angel One
-Adult Lock (mirror channel of 101)
-Dish 501 (the “you have purchased _______________”). Used for big sporting events
-9950 (you need a 2nd dish installed)..used for locals on the second satellite
-Muzak & CD audio channels (not Sirius)

Stuff that shows on a previous subscribed box but not FTA
-CCTV9
-Shopping Channels
-PI channels on 61.5/148
-FSTV
-Any preview Dish is doing (Fox News this month, MSNBC last month)

Status
Please reply by conversation.