do I need an amplifier or not

BOTTLEDZ28

Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
I have Comcast digital HD cable and I currently have a 4 way splitter on the main line. I have two other 2 way splitters on 2 of the output lines on the 4 way splitter as well. So, I have 6 TVs running off one main line from the street. I plan on adding one more line this week. I was looking at a 6 way splitter to use in place of the 4 but was wondering if I will need an amplifier as well. I am only concerned about the picture and sound quality of the one TV in the living room which is the HD TV. All the rest are just bedroom and rec room TV's. I have no choice but to continue to use the two 2 way spliters since I cannot run new lines up 3 floors. When this is all said and done, I will need a splitter with at least 6 outputs. one of which is my only concern with quality. The one line I care about will be the shortest line off the output is it matters. Do I need an amplifier and if so can I just get one to amplifiy that one ouput to the living room HD TV? How would it get it installed and what brands should I stick with for the splitters and amps? Do they offer it all in one box?How must singal lost is there when I add a line off the main line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)