120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
Do I need an XBOX 360 Memory Unit if:
  • I have the hard drive?
  • I have NO intentions of playing XBOX 360 on any other console save my own?
  • I have NO intentions of playing XBOX Live (no broadband)?

I assume that with the hard drive, I can save games, etc. It also seems that the only real benefit of the Memory Unit is to transport your saved games to another console without transporting the HDD. Am I correct?

My XBOX 360 is due to arrive Monday, so I want to be sure I'm good to go. (The system I purchased includes: console, HDD, 2 wireless controllers, HD AV component cable, a couple games--I've also ordered the stand-alone battery pack charger and extra battery packs to remain wireless).

Thanks for your help.

No you dont ;) I save games and content on my hd all the time :) I would considering getting xbox live and some broadbad because its way fun :) also remember you might have to take the xbox over to a buddys house once every 6 months to get the console updates through xbox live. (there is one coming out really really soon :) )

Hard drive does everything you need except allow for portability. Memory Unit allows you to transfer stuff from your HDD to someone else's machine, that is the only thing it has over the HDD.

I have one that I use primarily as a backup device to save info on completed games just in case my hard drive ever croaks.

I hadn't thought of the retail kiosk trick, I'll have to try it..... What things are available to make it worth the while... I knew that Burnout Revenge had a few cars available that way, but the recent E3 update gave us all or most of those cars....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts