Do I really have to get nasty with them?

Fixmy59bug

Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
So Cal
Ok, One of my friends has an issue....

Little bit of a back story. I recently upgraded my account after charter was trying hard to keep my account after royally messing up. After my MOXI box fried (It really went up in a glorious puff of smoke), I set up an appointment for 2 days later. The next day, the automated system called to confirm my appointment for the next morning between 8a and 10a, which I did.

Come 10:30 with no sight of chater, I called in. The system showed no record of my appointment. This really got my blood boiling because I literally had no more time off for another appointment for another two weeks. After some back and forth heated conversation (mostly heated on my part), I told the guy I do have another option for him, to cancel my **** account. He told me hold on and transferred me.

A delightful lady lady picked up so my tone changed with her since nothing was her fault, yet.

So, long story short, She re-added the all the premuim movie channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, and TMC) that I just had removed, and upgraded to the 10Mb internet for about $5 more than I was paying before.

The thing that bites is that my friend (who lives about 50 miles away, though still in So Cal and also with Charter) has far fewer channels and slower internet than I and is paying about $40 more than I am.

Of course, he wants the same deal (or better since he and his wife don't really watch the premium channels). So I am going to be him for the duration of a phone call. Do I have to pull the same stunt and threaten to cancel the account?

I know most places have an account retentions department that will all but bend over backwards to keep your account. My sister used to work for AOL in the retentions dept, and Sprint will work wonders for you if you threaten to cancel and talk to retentions.

Is charter the same way? My friend has admitted he doesn't have the stones for confrontation, but I have no shame. I actually kinda enjoy confrontation like this.

So what say you?

And I'm sorry for the long story....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)