Do I really need a new box?

razingkane

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Colorado Springs
One of my old 301 seems to be acting up. It's having problems with Satellite 119. Error box 002 says Channel 140 Satellite 119 transponder 11 signal has been lost. Another error box 015 says Satellite 119 transponder 15. I get other satellite channels on the box. It just keeps repeating that 002 on the screen.

I checked all the connections, removed and re-inserted the Smart Card, powered off and back on the 301 with no good results. I also checked the dish outside. It's not moved, it's a sunny day and there is nothing blocking the signal.

My wife called Dish and they want us to replace the 301 saying it's the problem. They want 95 bucks for a new 612 which I have no problem paying....However they want an additional 95 bucks for a tech to come out and hook up 3 cables.

I've been with DN for 12 years. With 3 other boxes, HD, locals, auto bill pay and all they want is more money out of me.

Do I need a new box?

What does the checkswitch screen look like? You could try putting the 301 where one of your other recs is working and see if it still happens there. Or put one of your good recs where the 301 is and see if it has the same problem.

One of my old 301 seems to be acting up. It's having problems with Satellite 119. Error box 002 says Channel 140 Satellite 119 transponder 11 signal has been lost. Another error box 015 says Satellite 119 transponder 15. I get other satellite channels on the box. It just keeps repeating that 002 on the screen.

I checked all the connections, removed and re-inserted the Smart Card, powered off and back on the 301 with no good results. I also checked the dish outside. It's not moved, it's a sunny day and there is nothing blocking the signal.

My wife called Dish and they want us to replace the 301 saying it's the problem. They want 95 bucks for a new 612 which I have no problem paying....However they want an additional 95 bucks for a tech to come out and hook up 3 cables.

I've been with DN for 12 years. With 3 other boxes, HD, locals, auto bill pay and all they want is more money out of me.

Do I need a new box?
You might need a new box, they don't last forever...Of course and this just from reading this forum, it is usually DVR's that go bad...I guess you don't have the protection plan???? If you did they would send you a replacement box and if a tech is needed it would just cost $15.00. On the other hand $200 is like paying for 33 months of the protection plan so if you have never needed it in 12 years you are ahead of the game....

Ross

PS if youdetermine it is the box (by swithching your other boxes around), tell them to just send the box you can attach a cable by yur self.

You might need a new box, they don't last forever...Of course and this just from reading this forum, it is usually DVR's that go bad...I guess you don't have the protection plan???? If you did they would send you a replacement box and if a tech is needed it would just cost $15.00. On the other hand $200 is like paying for 33 months of the protection plan so if you have never needed it in 12 years you are ahead of the game....

Ross

PS if youdetermine it is the box (by swithching your other boxes around), tell them to just send the box you can attach a cable by yur self.

Since the receiver, DHPP and Technician fees changed they will not send a box out for the customer to hook up themselves anymore.

Best bet is to buy a 211k from DISHstore for $119 and plug it in yourself. If you want DVR capability they charge $40 to turn that feature on and you can hook up an external HDD to the 211k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)