Do OTA locals show up on guide/DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RWB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
At present I have a new 50" LG Plasma PC1DRA HDTV. I'm using my old 522 setup with locals being supplied by Dish.

This of course is like having a new Corvette sitting in the garage with the lights off and the door locked. (I know, I've been there too!)

I purchased an OTA antenna after I got the plasma to see if I could get locals in HD, it works fine but I have to switch from satellite to OTA input on the TV to get the HD locals and I'm constantly switching remotes and there is no DVR for the locals using this setup.

If I upgrade to an HD package with a new 622 reciever, using OTA antenna for local digital HD channels plugged into the back of the 622, will I see the local channels on the Dish Guide?

Will I be able to record them on the DVR?

In doing this I want to eliminate the $5 fee for local stations but I want to insure I retain guide/DVR functionality.

It may seem kind of petty, but I guess it's a mind game trying to save $5 here and there. $70/month for TV is a little steep in my little mind. considering I started out at $21/month for cable 12 years ago.

Thanks for your time!

Even though I pay $5 for Local Guide Data, I am missing guide data from 4 digital sub channel stations

Two are PBS and Two are My Network TV

Direct TV uplinks guide data for these stations but dish does not for some reason.
Dish says they are working on it with there uplink guide data to the 74,000 range and then mapping it down.

I would think if you paid $5 a month for guide data you would get guide data for all channels. Its hard to imposible to know when to watch things let alone record things with out guide data.

I just got the 622 and I had the $5 locals before I upgraded. I live in Western NC and my locals are the Greenville Spartanburg Asheville. I can get OTA Charlotte channels on the 622. These CLT channels show up in the guide with info also. The PBS channels I get OTA are not the same Channel numbers as the ones on the guide and show up as Digital Service. All the sub channels show up as Digital Service also. I had planned to drop the Dish locals to save the $5 but might keep it so that I can use the CLT channels for the differnt programing they offer. I have an 26 year old directional antenna. I would like to find another non directional I think I would be able to get a lot more channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)