DO YOU THINK DISH WILL WORK OUT DEAL ON ESPN-U

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Since DIRECTV announced that they will be acquiring ESPN-U-HD in the coming months,what do you think DISH NETWORK will do?I hope that ESPN and DISH can work something out.:confused::angel:

I guess anything is possible, but from the sounds of it does not sound like in the near future :(

Not in the near future. As long as thelawsuit is going on we will not see ESPNU in HD on DISH.

Also when DISH adds 3D dont look for ESPN3D, while DIRECTV will indeed have in in June.

Not anytime soon

Not as long as ESPN thinks they have right to charge different prices to different providers. That's what the law suite between E* & them is about.

Not as long as ESPN thinks they have right to charge different prices to different providers. That's what the law suite between E* & them is about.

Why shoudn't you charge different providers different prices? Does Samsung charge Wal-mart and Best Buy for 42" LCD? The answer is no. It has to be based on potential of subscribers. Yes there is the claim E* had it listed in there contract that they will not be more.

keep in mind this is classic Charlie on negotiating.

ESPN does have that right. The problem is that Dish negotiated a most favored nation clause in their contract which prevents this. But without such a contract clause limitation, ESPN would be free to charge different providers differently.

Full disclosure: I haven't read the contract or any of the documents related to the lawsuit, just basing my statement about what ESPN can and can't do based on what others have reported on here about the most favored nation status clause in the contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)