Does anybody know where the POP is for the Richmond, VA locals?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if anybody knew where the POP was for the Richmond, VA locals.

If anyone else in the area has noticed this, on both 105 and 129, there is a slight bit of snow on NBC channel 12, Channel 6 is very pale, channel 23 has black lines on the color red, Channel 8 will, from time to time, has little white specs across the screen, and channel 35 looks OK.

I was wondering if they had the POP closer to Charlottesville in order to receive both Richmond and Charlottesville locals from the same location.

I also have noticed pixels on channel 65, with a few on channel 12, on the 129 sat, which were not on the 105 sat.

I don't know, but I Richmond digitals look fine OTA. I just flipped over to analog (rarely have a desire to do this) and 23, 35, and 57 look fine (only have UHF antennas). I receive the DC locals and, although Richmond is Significantly Viewed in my County, E* is not currently providing me with these channels. Your best place for this information would be to ask mpark, dcheney, or Steve13 on the Richmond VA HDTV Thread at AVSFORUM.COM.

thanks. I know those channels look OK on cable, that's why I think they must be receiving them all OTA somewhere a good distance away from Richmond.

Not directly related, but I'm watching Michigan vs Wisconsin on ESPN2 and it looks horrible (pixilation, blotching, shadows, etc.). This may be the 1st time I have watched anything on ESPN2, but I haven't seen this problem on other channels. We can only hope that E* is busy moving around channels and getting ready to bring more HD. Anyway, I called Dish Network a half hour ago and the PQ has already improved.

miguelaqui said:
I was just wondering if anybody knew where the POP was for the Richmond, VA locals.

If anyone else in the area has noticed this, on both 105 and 129, there is a slight bit of snow on NBC channel 12, Channel 6 is very pale, channel 23 has black lines on the color red, Channel 8 will, from time to time, has little white specs across the screen, and channel 35 looks OK.
Have you sent a note to dishquality@echostar.com?

The engineers love getting user feedback, and they are quick
to respond.

LER

LarryG said:
My Richmond local's look fine to me on 105 tp7
on a721 and 501
There is not a huge difference in color from channel 6 to 35?

I wouldn't have noticed the low quality had I not had Roanoke locals one day and Richmond the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts