Does Anyone Know the channels associated with each transponder?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gchasse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I don't know if this is available anywhere, but if so, can someone point me in the direction of what channels are associated with each transponder?

I have had many problems with losing signals, and although I have had both the dish and satellite replaced, and the signal on the transponders is now mostly in the 90s, I still get some HD channels where the signal cuts out.

If I would know which satellite and transponder each channels hits, I could at least try to see if that is the issue. At this point, I am a bit frustrated, but I am not sure what else to do.

It is not the receiver. I own one and the other is leased, and both have the same issues with reception.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

here ya go. All of D* channels and where they are

Attachments

• TPN_MAP_101215.xls
    580 KB · Views: 251
I don't know if this is available anywhere, but if so, can someone point me in the direction of what channels are associated with each transponder?

I have had many problems with losing signals, and although I have had both the dish and satellite replaced, and the signal on the transponders is now mostly in the 90s, I still get some HD channels where the signal cuts out.

If I would know which satellite and transponder each channels hits, I could at least try to see if that is the issue. At this point, I am a bit frustrated, but I am not sure what else to do.

It is not the receiver. I own one and the other is leased, and both have the same issues with reception.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Ok, the list at best is a round about way of fixing the issue.

You never had the satellite replaced (if you have, can I please be place on your pay roll?). lol j/k

If the dish along with LNB has been replaced already then that leaves receivers, cabling, and multiswitch.

If it it is happening on both receivers, there is a better then average chance it is not the receiver.
There is also a better then average chance that it is not the lines running from multiswitch to receiver.

You need to start by looking at common components between the receivers which at this point leave the multisitch, the cabling from the switch to dish, and if they were not replaced, the LNB, and the dish.

I've had quite a few customers tell me on precall that they already had 2 satellites on their roof. Pretty tolerant HOA. If its raining I always hope its the 99 and the 103.

No worries, next time somebody calls about an issue with their satellite, give me a call and I will talk to NASA for you.
We will get this issue straightened out. :D

I've had quite a few customers tell me on precall that they already had 2 satellites on their roof. Pretty tolerant HOA. If its raining I always hope its the 99 and the 103.

It must be some pretty sturdy Home construction. I couldn't imagine having an actual satellite on my roof, those Satellites weigh into the tons, not to mention the fire hazard due to all of the station keeping propellant they have on board. ;>)

Seriously though, NO HOA can restrict any home owner from installing any NUMBER of satellite "DISH's" on their owned property as long as those dish's are under 1 meter and are required for the subscription service that home owner is subscribed too. So if i lived on a piece of property that I wholly owned and that had a HOA, and I decided I wanted DirecTV and Dish Network, and I also enjoyed FTA service, I could have a Dish or TWO for each service. The HOA would not have a leg to stand on in court.

BTW... I would never purchase any property that had a HOA.

John

Although I hate HOA's myself, that is not quite 100% true

The ruling basically states that they can not make you put the dish in a place that will bring substantial cost to the customer or stop the antenna from working properly.
Of course, what is substantial cost? For some, $20 for cable burial might be substantial. Also, most HOA would never know if something would obstruct the performance of the antenna anyways.

My rule of thumb is to put an antenna up where it will be the least seen without causing me a ton of extra work or unnecessary safety concerns.
I also try and make sure it will be easy for future techs to service so the customer does not have to go through hell to get it serviced or upgraded.
So, if hiding it involves a 40 ft ladder, 100ft of cable burial, climbing on a 12/12 roof, etc or just putting it on the side of the house where the HOA will see it, then guess what mr HOA. Live with it.

I had one want me to climb all over a 12/12 roof on the side of a mountain once to hide a dish.
Told the guy if he climbs that roof and physically shows me where it can go, I would do it.
He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I'm not getting up there".
And I replied "neither am I"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts