Does anyone know this screen means?

DB10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2020
VA
I get this screen a lot. I called Dish but the woman just babbled a lot of gibberish. I understand we’ve only got two tuners on the Duo and the receiver can only handle two tasks at a time.

I’m watching tuner 2, the Hopper, someone else is watching the Joey. I’m just surfing and I get this screen. Why are there four shows listed on the Hopper when I’m not watching four? Why can’t I change to a different channel? Nothing is recording.

The rep said reset the box but I’m not going to do that and wait 20 minutes every time it boots up. Any ideas?

I mean this
9C1A4651-A49F-4D2F-8334-47BB7AFA7FBF.jpeg

Looks like you have Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) activated on Tuner 2 which records all four major networks off that tuner and Tuner 1 is on something I do not recognise. You shoulf be able to watch ACB, CBS Fox or NBC on Tuner 2 but trying to tune to another channel would not be allowed because Tuner 2 is recording PTAT in background.

Look at your guide for locals by satellite and see if there is a yellow PT on each program for ABC, CBS FOX and NBC, that means PTAT is active.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks for your reply. I hadn’t heard of PTAT before, where does that get enabled? There aren’t any yellow PTs on the guide on those channels.

From My H3 it's Home - Home - Settings - PrimeTimeAnyTime
Thanks. I did look in there but the primetimeanytime option doesn’t exist. Maybe we have different versions, or your box has options mine doesn’t.

Looks like you have Prime Time Anytime (PTAT) activated on Tuner 2 which records all four major networks off that tuner and Tuner 1 is on something I do not recognise. You shoulf be able to watch ACB, CBS Fox or NBC on Tuner 2 but trying to tune to another channel would not be allowed because Tuner 2 is recording PTAT in background.

Look at your guide for locals by satellite and see if there is a yellow PT on each program for ABC, CBS FOX and NBC, that means PTAT is active.
PTAT isn't necessarily active, the 4 major networks are just always on one tuner - which is what makes PTAT work the way it does

PTAT can’t be activated in the first place, this is a Hopper Duo, which afaik does not support PTAT (at least the recording/comercial hopping part).
Never had one, so I’m surprised to see the 4-channels-on-a-tuner thing working at all. Would be interesting to see if you can record 7 shows (1 tuner + 4 PTAT + 2 OTA channels) without overloading the CPU/HDD (I mention the HDD because these are repurposed SATA II drives that were pulled from 722/722k’s, might be a bottleneck?). Going to pull out my Wally later today to see if it behaves the same.

Even if the HDD is running SATA II at 3 gbps, 2 OTA streams would be 18.5 mbps + 18.5 mbps; adding PTAT might get you another 20-25 mbps (depends on Dish’s MPEG-4 compression) and maybe 3-5 mbps for the last MPEG-4 channel tuner. That’s barely 100 mbps, let alone 3,000 mbps. The HDD should be fine…

I have Hopper 3 and 3 Joey 2s. Once in a while I get that screen when I turn on Joey and a tv attached to it. 2 Joeys do this, mostly in the morning. At that time there is no ptat recording (I turned ptat feature on.) 16 tuners and seeing that on tv! Just weird. Hopper has the latest update. I wait 10-15 seconds, and Joey starts as normal. Since it does not happen too often, I just ignore it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get this screen a lot. I called Dish but the woman just babbled a lot of gibberish. I understand we’ve only got two tuners on the Duo and the receiver can only handle two tasks at a time.

I’m watching tuner 2, the Hopper, someone else is watching the Joey. I’m just surfing and I get this screen. Why are there four shows listed on the Hopper when I’m not watching four? Why can’t I change to a different channel? Nothing is recording.

The rep said reset the box but I’m not going to do that and wait 20 minutes every time it boots up. Any ideas?
Hello DB10! As other users have mentioned, Prime Time Anytime is not a feature normally supported on a Hopper Duo. We'd be happy to look into this error if you could please reach out to us. For real time assistance, you may contact us through Facebook or Twitter (Facebook Messenger at Log into Facebook, on Twitter @DISH_answers). You may also visit MyDISH to start a live chat with a Customer Service Representative.

Reactions: charlesrshell
PTAT can’t be activated in the first place, this is a Hopper Duo, which afaik does not support PTAT (at least the recording/comercial hopping part).
Never had one, so I’m surprised to see the 4-channels-on-a-tuner thing working at all. Would be interesting to see if you can record 7 shows (1 tuner + 4 PTAT + 2 OTA channels) without overloading the CPU/HDD (I mention the HDD because these are repurposed SATA II drives that were pulled from 722/722k’s, might be a bottleneck?). Going to pull out my Wally later today to see if it behaves the same.
The locals are always on one tuner on any Hopper. He's just seeing that screen because both his tuners are in use. I didn't notice it was a Duo

Hello DB10! As other users have mentioned, Prime Time Anytime is not a feature normally supported on a Hopper Duo. We'd be happy to look into this error if you could please reach out to us. For real time assistance, you may contact us through Facebook or Twitter (Facebook Messenger at Log into Facebook, on Twitter @DISH_answers). You may also visit MyDISH to start a live chat with a Customer Service Representative.
Ok I’ll try calling again. I don’t do Facebook or twitter. I don’t expect it will go any differently than last time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)