DOES DISH BLOCK ISP'S?

Dishman 1978,
it's interesting what the "romans" do. My neighbor in Canada has satellite service from Bell-Vu. When he told them that he wanted to put his service on vacation while he traveled to Florida for the winter, Bell-Vu responded that he should take his receiver with him and they would provide an antenna and LNB to install at his winter place.

That's because it is not illegal to view Canadian satellite programming in the US, but it is illegal to watch US satellite programming in Canada....

Thats because its not illegal to watch Canadian service in the USA. The other canadian satellite company use to advertise for Snowbird accounts.

Although with the new satellite which was launched for ExpressVu / BellTV last week will limit how much of the USA can see its signal.

No consumer in Canada has ever been prosecuted. If such a case ever came to court, it would probably be thrown out, which would cause the stupid law to be changed. Bell and their allies don't want this to happen, for obvious reasons.

I like Canada just like it is, thank you. ;)

Many years ago, when it was quite proper for me to take a 301 from home when RVing, I inquired about doing so in Canada. I was repeatedly assured that while yes, it was illegal, I shouldn't worry about. I put my tripod up and watched all I wanted. As did MANY others in the campground.

I am sorry that I opened this can of worms!! I knew the legality of the situation but just wanted to know if I could use my BB up here.
I did a little surfing to see if I could get streaming video from other sources such as CBS, Fox or Netflix; each time I tried I was informed that they don not stream to foreign ISP's. So the restrictions go much further that just receiving US satellite service transmissions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)