Does Dish not cave in to cancellation requests any more?

Same year I came on board. January 18 1997. I have installed all my receivers since 2003 when I learned how to do it from this website. Also learned how to aim , peak a sat dish and have continued to learn about satellite installing the latest cutting edge receivers from the satguys website. I think that having 3 accounts, owning all my receivers and doing all the installs has helped me to get credits off every year too. I just wish I had started asking from them sooner than I did back 2011. Can't wait to get my new hopper 3 installed , as soon as they stabilize it and fix the ota part. Then I am all in.

Agreed x 1000. The force is strong in this one.....

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It is expected that you pay your bill on time, every time. There should not be a reward for doing what is expected... ;)
At the restaurant I have lots of loyal local customers.
Do you think I don't throw them a free drink or even a meal?
It's called appreciation for them being a frequent good customer.

A Happy customer brings in more customers and keeps them spending more money.

I've noticed a customer that gets a free drink every now and then , tends to order steak and lobster on occasion, where as before I was lucky if they ordered a sandwich.
That's trust.
Trust that I'm not just about making money.

Now if they would ask constantly, they probably wouldn't get a free drink at all.

That's the difference I see as well.
But I'm not against a loyalty credit.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

At the restaurant I have lots of loyal local customers.
Do you think I don't throw them a free drink or even a meal?
It's called appreciation for them being a frequent good customer.

A Happy customer brings in more customers and keeps them spending more money.

I've noticed a customer that gets a free drink every now and then , tends to order steak and lobster on occasion, where as before I was lucky if they ordered a sandwich.
That's trust.
Trust that I'm not just about making money.

Now if they would ask constantly, they probably wouldn't get a free drink at all.

That's the difference I see as well.
But I'm not against a loyalty credit.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

if they are such good customer why not lower thier bills by 15% or 20% every time they come in for a year?
why should they have to ask for it?

if they are such good customer why not lower thier bills by 15% or 20% every time they come in for a year?
why should they have to ask for it?
Because I'm running a business not a soup kitchen.
But we also have a rewards plan.
They get discounts based on what they spend.
But I'm mainly talking about the locals that just come in to booze.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: old corps
and dish too is running a business
No one disputes this.
So what's your point?
If you read any of my previous post clearly you would saw I've never had to ask dish for a credit.

I quoted Bobby because he claims to just "pay your bill" and that's that.

Well clearly not the case since dish gives credits frequently without asking on equipment upgrades and premium channels packs ,so glad Bobby isn't running the business.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Funny, the other day I called in to get my credits off to stay another 6 months on my account and my parents on my 2nd account and received $40.00 off for my account for 6 months and $20.00 off for my parents on my second account. Well two days later I got an email for my second account from DISH saying to activate or I would lose my credits. So I went on line and it said under OFFERS section that my older credits from last year would soon end and in order to soften the blow, I could activate an offer for $15.00 off for 6 months. So I activated that offer and then called the DISH loyalty department and asked if that was in place of the $20.00 I was told or extra? They said yes it was extra and it was now activated bringing down my 2nd account to around $57.99 a month for top 200+ encore and the $7.00 dvr fee on the Vip 722k receiver. I thought that was great to offer a credit online and it was kind of what I was saying in another thread. IF DISH would offer loyalty credits online like that for every year you stayed , it would really cut down on the churn. DISH in my eyes has really gone the extra mile to keep me with them these last few years. If they did that for everyone that stayed , paid on time with autopay,just imagine how their numbers might be growing instead of dropping just about every quarter. :yes

Funny, the other day I called in to get my credits off to stay another 6 months on my account and my parents on my 2nd account and received $40.00 off for my account for 6 months and $20.00 off for my parents on my second account. Well two days later I got an email for my second account from DISH saying to activate or I would lose my credits. So I went on line and it said under OFFERS section that my older credits from last year would soon end and in order to soften the blow, I could activate an offer for $15.00 off for 6 months. So I activated that offer and then called the DISH loyalty department and asked if that was in place of the $20.00 I was told or extra? They said yes it was extra and it was now activated bringing down my 2nd account to around $57.99 a month for top 200+ encore and the $7.00 dvr fee on the Vip 722k receiver. I thought that was great to offer a credit online and it was kind of what I was saying in another thread. IF DISH would offer loyalty credits online like that for every year you stayed , it would really cut down on the churn. DISH in my eyes has really gone the extra mile to keep me with them these last few years. If they did that for everyone that stayed , paid on time with autopay,just imagine how their numbers might be growing instead of dropping just about every quarter. :yes
So under the offers section in the "MY Dish" account, there could be discounts waiting?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So under the offers section in the "MY Dish" account, there could be discounts waiting?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I don't know, because once I used the confirm button for the $15.00 off for 6 months under the OFFERS section the section then disappeared. The $15.00 credit already posted to the account under activity as a credit. The email came from DISH while I was at work and I got online, because the email said some kind of confirmation was needed to retain credits on my account. I thought it was over the recent agreement I worked on that account from two days ago. I didn't see any offer under my main account when I went online though. Maybe when my bill is due it will show under the OFFER tag section? I sure hope so. Would be nice to get another $15.00 on top of my$40.00 off a month, but I doubt that will happen. I already paid the full price for May after my $65.00 off a month discounts expired from last year & before I called in to get more credits.

My bill is going to go up $40 next month. So total bill will be $114. I'll simply ask to see what they can offer me and if they can't offer me anything good then I'll ask the next month . Since I just got a new hopper 3, I can't cancel because I'd owe a huge termination fee.

If I drop down to top 120 plus then I'd lose a lot of channels I watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts