Dog did a dance on my remote - no UHF

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
The title gives you the idea. It's the UHF Pro 8.0 for my 811. That remote still "lights-up" and controls the TV, and my 622 remotes (both the IR and UHF) properly control the 811. But for some reason I completely lost the UHF link between the 8.0 and the 811. I tried new batteries and the UHF antenna on the 811 was unchanged. I tried to reprogram the code in the remote and the lights on the remote respond as expected, but there's still no apparent communication between the remote and the receiver.

Any ideas before I contact E* tech service...?

TIA and BRgds...

Sign up for DHPP at 5.99/ month, they'll ship you a new remote, it's up to you, if you keep DHPP or cancel.
good luck

Tks - I already have DHPP and I will probably end up doing exactly what you said. Being a techonut, tho', I was hoping there was some kind of neat workaround for this problem. In a group this size, we have probably collectively "seen it all" at one time or another...

maybe the remote address has been changed?

if you know the remote address, press and hold down sat until all 4 lites blink
type in address and press #

(If you dont know the address, bring up the system info screen. that has it)

Tks, 'Berg - I did try something like that. According to the System Info screen the remote address the receiver is apparently expecting is 1 (probably the default and I don't recall ever trying to change it). So whenever I set the 622's UHF remote to "1" it works. I tried the same thing with the 8.0 remote (using the same commands as you mentioned, plus you also have to hit Record after you hit #) and nothing I do seems to help. How can I change what the 811 is expecting to another number from 1-16?

Tks again...

(Damn dog is restricted to dry dogfood for the rest of the week...!)

to change the address bring up the system info screen and then do above but after you press # to lock the number in, press "record" totell the reciever this is the address you want

Press and hold "sat" until all 4 light up
put in new address
press #...wait for 3 blinks
press "record"

OK - I finally gave up and called E* tech support. After dicking around with it for about 15-minutes (the first 5 minutes of that was via an automated system!) doing exactly the same things as discussed in this thread (Are you SURE you changed the batteries?...!) they agreed to send a replacement. I assume this is at no cost since I have the DHPP (and am glad to finally get something out of that!). They don't even want the old one back. I'll probably send it off to one of those remote control repair places - one price fixes all or no charge - and end-up with a reasonably cheap back-up.

One note - I was sure I was talking with tech support, but it was Sanji in Punjab! He identified himself as "Jim" and said he was in Denver, but I'm quite skeptical about that! A good chunk of that 15 minutes was him repeating himself since I could hardly understand him!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with E* tech support? Have they also moved off-shore?

Tks all for your help with this, and have a great weekend...

Tks, Scott. I'm hoping they stay here since I'm increasingly more likely to need them with the more complex system I've migrated to. (I've called E* more times in the past 8 months than I did in the whole first 8 years!) I guess I just need to clean my ears out before my next call in case I get "Jim" again...

I had a guy from Tech Support located in the Rockie Mts. These had to be in India because of the accent, limited knowledge, and he was reading from a script.

Sounds like "Jim". Tho' he was reasonably competent I know there was a script in there somewhere. He left the phone several times to get something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)