Dog Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TenaGoble

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just got a dog recently that is chewing every thing in sight, including the cable to one of my satellite receivers. I have rawhide chews on hand, but that hasn't stopped her yet. Anybody know if there is a wireless way to watch one TV in one room while another one is hooked up in another room? Anybody know what will work on cables and cords to stop her chewing? BTW, I'm With Dish Network. :eek:

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that you really need to take him to dog obedience classes. It's worth the cost and it not only trains the dog, but the owner as well. It's a lot cheaper than replacing everything he destroys. Believe me you won't regret it.

Spray Tabasco on anything you don't want the dog to chew.
Tabasco might be too much, at a pet store you can find an apple bitter liquid or spray.

With training for the behavior modification and the apple bitters and LOADS of LUCK you can get your pooch to stop sampling everything in the house ........ GOOD LUCK !!!!

Thanks for the advice, but due to finances I'll stick to tabasco sauce and apple bitter spray. Now if I can just stop her from doing the following:

1. Jumping up and down trying to get the door unlocked in my apartment. (Aunt says it needs to be posted on YouTube).

2. Stop peeking out the window like a nosy person, she has to see everything about every hour she's awake.

3. "Hogging" the bed that I sleep in, no leg room.

4. Waking me up before it's time to get up with doggie kisses. Same for afternoon naps.

She's 7 months old and people tell me she'll grow out of it. Ha!

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that you really need to take him to dog obedience classes. It's worth the cost and it not only trains the dog, but the owner as well. It's a lot cheaper than replacing everything he destroys. Believe me you won't regret it.

I could not agree with you more. Obedience class is well worth it.

Yep, everything habit you note can be untaught in obedience class. You owe it to yourself and the dog to get this fixed. Find a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)