Dogs and cats slaughtered in Peurto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I'm a pet owner and one that loves his pets but I'm not a pet freak that does the bizzare stuff such as dressing my pets up or other things along those lines, my pets live normal lives simply put.

While reading the news tonight I came across an AP news article about an incident in Peurto Rico where about 80 pets and strays were tossed off a freeway overpass to their deaths.

I know that some of you will say that its just animals but even for animals this is cruel an unusual punishment and should not be considered acceptable by those with any sort of morality.

Here's a petition that has been brought about that will be handed to the Governor this coming Sunday, I encourage our members to sign it but it's not something that anyone has to do and if you dont thats fine but understand that most of these animals were household pets that were siezed and killed meaning that there are children who lost pets that they cared for and loved and this could very easily have been your pets or that of your kids.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/puerto-rico-pet-massacre

There's an ongoing investigation regarding the subject right now, Probably federal and states charges will be on place against municipal employees and a private company who were in charge of the operation on the proyects those pets were removed, Even citizens are calling for the resignation of the Mayor of this town.
This was a crime without of doubt.:mad:

This is not a pit related issue, please move it back to the chit chat club where it can be seen by all and not just a specific group.

This is not a pit related issue, please move it back to the chit chat club where it can be seen by all and not just a specific group.
?? the chitty chatter Clubers are not a specific group? :confused:

The more exposer the better. Contrary to some's opinion , we are not mean spirited heartless and inhuman down here.

Why was it moved to the pit in the first place? It has nothing to do with politics or religion.
Bear Paws said:
?? the chitty chatter Clubers are not a specific group?

The more exposer the better. Contrary to some's opinion , we are not mean spirited heartless and inhuman down here.
Chit Chat is open to all, while the Pit has to be joined. Therefore Chit Chat has more exposure.

Further, if the OP wanted it to be in the pit, then he would have started it in the pit. There is no reason for a Mod to have moved it.

Why was it moved to the pit in the first place? It has nothing to do with politics or religion.
Chit Chat is open to all, while the Pit has to be joined. Therefore Chit Chat has more exposure.

Further, if the OP wanted it to be in the pit, then he would have started it in the pit. There is no reason for a Mod to have moved it.

When I first posted on this thread was on the Chit Chat.

:confused:

To the original post, true these are pets but evne as living creatures in this world it would be inhumane to laugh at that sortof thing, as it is a sinister breed of human that sponsers such neglect for life. Sad... I just gt off with a PR customer wanting to know how he can get trhe full out HD pak... lol I'm glad dish kinda shafts them now... full circle

I think your missing the point though when you find enjoyment that a PR customer isnt getting all of the hd service. The actions of a handful of people in PR does not reflect the society or country as a whole, if you look at the list of petition signers there are a significant amount from PR that signed it.

I just gt off with a PR customer wanting to know how he can get trhe full out HD pak... lol I'm glad dish kinda shafts them now... full circle

You're not full circle, yet. When someone close to you ends up being saved by a puertorican Doctor, in a Houston Hospital. Then you'll know you have gone full circle.

Happy Hollidays!

Thanks, his way of thinking is like the old analogy here the south.

Your driving down the freeway and get a blow out loosing control flipping the car, you crawl out with a few scratches and bruises but your wife is out cold and bleeding severely and you dont know what to do. The only person to stop is a black man who it turns out is a doctor, you now have a choice, do you let this black doctor save your wife or do you keep him from touching her because your a racist.

I've used this a few times over the years and one said he's let her die considering how much he hated her so I substituted his son and that got a good response of save the boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Elf Yourself!

Led Zeppelin set for reunion gig in London

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)