DOL says dvr off line, DRA sees it right away

If I had put something like DO live in either of my last few jobs, I would have been fired the next day.
... At a properly managed company!

...and that it appears all the feedback *hadn't* been getting redressed. Since he was aware of it .. there's been no external signs (no replies to feedback already submitted, no ticket updates, etc) that they are doing anything but he says they are triaging inhouse.

I can explain both. The engineers responsible were fired, and there's nobody left to change anything. Just the suits with the big paychecks who don't even use the product.

I can explain both. The engineers responsible were fired, and there's nobody left to change anything. Just the suits with the big paychecks who don't even use the product.

Heh. Most likely this was contracted out at fixed price/time to a third party. The specifications were incomplete and I'm guessing little oversight was being performed by Dish management. Said third party delivers what they have on the deadline, and the Dish project manager (invariably non-tech) did a small amount of testing, but not thorough. Contract expires/money runs out, and everyone is pointing fingers and playing CYA. Had something very similar happen at my current company with our new CMS system a few years ago. Two guys have spent the past few years first fixing all the bugs, then starting to make it more user-friendly for our editors.

--MDG

My D.O. also doesnt show anything from my DVR and or timers, I can watch live t.v. but no DVR stuff, however when using the DRA I can see my DVR stuff. This has been the problem with the D.O. from the beginning for me. Not sure why it is like that.

My D.O. also doesnt show anything from my DVR and or timers, I can watch live t.v. but no DVR stuff, however when using the DRA I can see my DVR stuff. This has been the problem with the D.O. from the beginning for me. Not sure why it is like that.
Close all your other windows ... open one instance of your web browser, go to Dish Online ... login.. then log out ... wait for it to manually log you out .... close the browser, open a new one .. go to dish online .. confirm it still shows you as not logged in ... then manually log in .. do not check mark the "remember me", if you want to make it easier let your browser remember your user & password but don't let the dishonline site "remember you" ... once logged in, go to DVR / My Recordings.. once the page has loaded .. if still blank.. click the REFRESH button on the right side of the page under your DVR's icon .. wait for it to stop.. hit it again.. and a third time if need be.. if it still doesn't show up after a third hit ... log out .. log back in again, and do the refresh button again....

After trying that twice, if you're still not getting your DVR content .. submit feedback at the bottom of the page, and then make contact with one of the Dish IRT people.. explain the same thing to them.. (logged out, in, refresh, etc) and that DRA has no problem .. that you want them to submit an problem or engineering report.. what ever they call it..

In the days before DO switched to Amazon's cloud for login services... DO & DRA had similar problems with cached information.. after Amazon ... it seems to be more responsive to a user manually logging out... and then back in again.. so that it releases what it had for your dvr and retrieves it fresh ...

Couple of key points is that you're not relying on a cookie or cached credential to remember you so you are forcing the system to look at you (hopeful intenet) also that logging out before the login credential times out
ie. old days you would hit log out, and get told you'd been inactive for 20 mins or more and were already disco'd
... but that was the OLD Dish Authentication scheme

Dish pointing

Any value in the 508 receiver ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts