DP 7200 S/W Upgrade Woes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Maybe it is simply my imagination but my 7200 seems to behave oddly for 24-48 hours after any upgrade and then quiets down.

I just received the latest upgradse and i kept losing things like the channels I had locked out and would periodically lose one satellite or another. But after a day or so all is well. This type of thing has happened before.

Any idea what might cause it or am I reading too much into things?

I'm thinking about reactivating a DP 7200 that I've had in my closet for over a year. Do you think it's worth it?

I'd need to get a DPP Legacy Adapter (about $69.00) and I don't currently use SuperDish (I know that the 7200 isn't currently "software" compatible and that there may not be a future update to the software to support it, even though the hardware could receive 105 or 121 if the software was updated).

Or should I get one of the newer DVR systems, even though I'd need to shell out additional $?

I was pretty happy with it for the 3 years I had used it in the past. I don't qualify for the Class action due to the fact I had purchased my unit before 1999.

Thanks!

Geronimo said:
Maybe it is simply my imagination but my 7200 seems to behave oddly for 24-48 hours after any upgrade and then quiets down.

I just received the latest upgradse and i kept losing things like the channels I had locked out and would periodically lose one satellite or another. But after a day or so all is well. This type of thing has happened before.

Any idea what might cause it or am I reading too much into things?

I have always had the losing channels/adding channels glitch. No matter how many times I uncheck a channel, it will reappear later on at some point.

I still use my 7200 in my office/guest room and am very happy with it.
If it's going ot be your main pvr, you may want to get the 721 dual tuner so you can watch and record tv at the same time.

I would find out if they intend to charge you the monthly fee. I am keepinng mimne till it dies I guess. It was great until recently and it seems to have quieted down again, but it sure can be a problem.

OK this one is new. Now it tells me I cannot tune my locals because it cannot get a signal on 110 Transponder 64. Any ideas?

DishSatUser said:
I'm thinking about reactivating a DP 7200 that I've had in my closet for over a year. Do you think it's worth it?

I'd need to get a DPP Legacy Adapter (about $69.00) and I don't currently use SuperDish (I know that the 7200 isn't currently "software" compatible and that there may not be a future update to the software to support it, even though the hardware could receive 105 or 121 if the software was updated).

Or should I get one of the newer DVR systems, even though I'd need to shell out additional $?

I was pretty happy with it for the 3 years I had used it in the past. I don't qualify for the Class action due to the fact I had purchased my unit before 1999.

Thanks!

I'll take a chance on showing my lack of knowledge here, but it seems like I read somewhere that 7100/7200 don't work with a legacy adapter. You should check it out before you spring for an adapter. OTOH, if you can get a good deal on a 721, it might be the way to go.

I avoided Dishplayer software upgrade woes (I experienced a LOT of them) this way: My (then new) locals were a no-go with my DP 7200 and model 5000 receiver (no support for SuperDish), so I sold my upgraded-harddrive used DP 7200 on Ebay for almost 300 bucks - that paid for two brand new DVRs (that were much more stable) and and a 'vanilla' receiver with money left over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)