DP Plus 44 Switch

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
My current setup is 1000.4 EA dish with two 622 receivers. I also have a 211 receiver that I would like to add but there are only two lines run from the 1000.4 into my house which are hooked up to my two 622s. I do have an old DPP 44 Switch, can this switch be used with 622s and the 211 in an EA setup? If I remember right, you could only connect a line from the 110 sat to the DPP 44 so I am not sure what to do with EA setup. The alternative is to call Dish and come out and hook up one more line from the dish to my house.

With a 1000.4, you need 3 lines to the 44 switch to get all 3 satellites. If you hook up that switch using the 2 lines in, when performing a check switch, you will only see 2 sats.

That said, there is no need for a 44 switch if you are bringing in 3 lines, and only have 3 rcvrs.

Thanks, Frank. I guess it only makes sense that all three sats need to be hooked up to the switch. Not sure what I was thinking there. I will call Dish and have them come out.

Here is an option that I AM NOT SURE WILL work, but worth a shot. The next install I do that has 3 rcvrs and a 1000.4 dish, I plan to try this, unless someone here tells me different.

In my market, we only use the 72 and 61.5 sats. The 77 sat can actually be deemed NLOS at the time of install, and there will be no issues with the programming or account. If you are the same way, you could TRY to use that 44 switch and only 2 lines coming in. Connect 1 line from each of the two sats being used and run those into the switch. You must perform a new check switch after connecting these and of course it will only show 2 sats. After that, try to do a download. If it works, SWEET! One other note, if you put together your 44 switch, ensure the stinger wire (the copper center part of the cable) is a little longer sticking out of the connector. On a 44sw especially, this needs to happen because of the length of the barrels on the switch inputs/outputs. (Its things like this that I actually discourage self installs...but if your going to try it regardless...id like to tell you how to do it, properly)

Dish-19.jpg

**Again** I havent tried this, but its worth a shot. If you are on a channel, and press the info button on the remote twice, it will tell you what sat you are getting the programming from. You could do this too, just to see what sats you are getting your programming from.

3 lines from the sw to the rcvrs. (ea rcvr needs its own line, yes)

I'm trying to get 1 less line from the dish into the house.

In my market, we only use the 72 and 61.5 sats. The 77 sat can actually be deemed NLOS at the time of install, and there will be no issues with the programming or account. If you are the same way, you could TRY to use that 44 switch and only 2 lines coming in.

My locals are on 77 so don't think this will work for me. I appreciate the thought though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts