dpp and radioshack sat finder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dooptydoopda

Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
oregon
hello. first post here. ive done professional dish installs for a couple of years now. always used the SUPER BUDDY meter. a friend wants to take his camper out. he has a hopper, solo node, and a 1k2 western arc dish... he got a "3ghz satellite finder" from radio shack and was asking me if that would work to peek in the dish.
that's a good question. it looks like its designed for a single lnb.. its an in line meter.. must get power from receiver.. will it work with a dpp feed?
im thinking he would look up the settings for the skew etc for the zip code he was in and get the mast nice and plum... point in till he sees signal... check the receiver to see if hes on the 119.. if the 119 is peeked in the 110 and 129 would be good enough.
will that work?
I wont have a chance to play with it. I have to describe it to him. im curious myself.
if that wont work is there a good cheap meter someone could recommend?
thanks!

If he has a smart phone there are several dish finder apps that work well. I've installed my sat for the last 15 years camping with one of the line meters and no I use my smartphone app. works great finding holes through the trees..................

so it will work with dish pro plus? it sounds like you just point it till it gives you some signal reading and then go check the receiver to see if your on the right birds.
so that app your taking about is like the dish pointer app.. just shows where they are in the sky. it doesn't actually act as a meter, correct? you cant actually measure the signal with it. you would need some way to plug a coax into the phone to do that. though that would be sweet.
anyway my friend isn't too tech savvy anyway. older dude. not a smart phone kind of guy.

another related question..
how can you look up the coordinates for the sats your trying to hit for your zip code? if he called dish would the call center have that info? or is there a table somewhere online?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts