dpp33 says its a sw64 on system info

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
so i decided to try and use my dpp33 and when i hook it it up my receivers system info lists it as a sw64 and only tuner 1 works. tuner 2 has all x's.
i have 119/110 and 77 hooked up to the dpp33.
any sugestions?

And what type of switch did you have before? Did you remember to run a Check Switch on the receiver?

Swapping out a DPP44 for a DPP33 should not cause the reported problem.

Boba: The OP is having trouble with his dual tuner receiver. I don't think they made any legacy dual-tuner receivers.

OP: What aren't you telling us? Did you change something else besides the switch? Did you plug your receiver directly into the DPP44 without a power inserter? Did you remember to run the Check Switch function on the receiver?

Are you using a DPP separator? If so did you plug both inputs in from the separator? Check all your connections again and run a check switch. If that doesn't work. Disconnect everything and run a check switch (it should find nothing). then connect it again and run another checkswitch.

I had DPP33 used 3 outputs using separators-started having problems, but problems went away after i unplugged one output.

upgraded to DPP44-only to find out the power inserter did not work
So i went with the DPP33 again knowing that i could not use one Receiver.
and he we are again.
im using a 722 and 2 622.

So it sounds like one of your outputs on the DPP33 is bad. Have you tried switching the wires around so that you can isolate the problem to the output on the switch and not a problem with wiring or something else.

Just throwing this one out there because I've seen it cause similar problems before, have you tested all of the electrical outlets for proper hot/neutral/ground? I see this a lot with dual tuners when there is a hot neutral reverse (especially when it's a two hole only outlet as these are very difficult to test for hot/neutral reverse. First one to check would be the one that causes the problem when it gets connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)