DPP44 Power Usage

lstrong

Original poster
May 7, 2008
Just found out that MY townhouse has a videopath dpp44 installed to my Dish Network DVR that somehow powers all of the other units in the building. I found this out when I turned off my power to install a ceiling fan and the HOA president came over to tell me to turn my power back on.

How much power does a VideoPath dpp44 use? I hate to think I am using my electricity to accommodate everyone else without any reimbursement. Any ideas? Is it enough power to worry about?

tell your hoa what you do with your power is your business. i doubt there is anything in the hoa charter that says those with a dpp power inserter must oblige to all else. heck, if your neighbors are bothering you, now you really know how to get thier goat...wait right before they announce who one the most votes in american idol or wait right before the last play of the big game, and pull the plug!!!

Great Idea

The Utah Jazz are in the playoffs and I don't care, but I bet everybody else in the building does. Good idea.

Now, Now...that's not the way to foster community spirit. To answer your question..the 44 power inserter is a V E R Y low current demanding device. I'd be more concerned about that night light you have in the hall or bathroom. If it stays on during the day, your electric bill will be much higher than what the 44 is demanding. Have a beer and enjoy the game.

Now, Now...that's not the way to foster community spirit. To answer your question..the 44 power inserter is a V E R Y low current demanding device. I'd be more concerned about that night light you have in the hall or bathroom. If it stays on during the day, your electric bill will be much higher than what the 44 is demanding. Have a beer and enjoy the game.
Actually, the Power Inserter draws about 20W (according to my Kill-A-Watt power meter) - 5 times a nightlight and about 5c per day at today's rates.

You can always bill your HOA $12.00 each year for your power bill.

Last edited:
Actually, the Power Inserter draws about 20W (according to my Kill-A-Watt power meter) - 5 times a nightlight and about 5c per day at today's rates.

You can always bill your HOA $12.00 each year for your power bill.

Dish_NC,

Ain't that a great little toy!!????

DISH VIP622 Satellite Receiver = $27.74/yr, power on always, used 9 hrs/day
Sony 50in LCD Proj, HDTV = $51.00/yr, used 9 hrs/day
Pioneer 5.1 DD A/V Receiver = $22.70/yr, power on, mostly muted
Pondmaster 3600 GPH Pump = $156.00/yr, Continous run waterfall
CFL (60 watt equiv) = $8.98/yr , if on contionously

fred

Dish_NC,

Ain't that a great little toy!!????

DISH VIP622 Satellite Receiver = $27.74/yr, power on always, used 9 hrs/day
Sony 50in LCD Proj, HDTV = $51.00/yr, used 9 hrs/day
Pioneer 5.1 DD A/V Receiver = $22.70/yr, power on, mostly muted
Pondmaster 3600 GPH Pump = $156.00/yr, Continous run waterfall
CFL (60 watt equiv) = $8.98/yr , if on contionously

fred

This should be sticky as there are a few rants about how the Dish system somehow is eating up electricity and the users claims to be slammed by monthly rates that are really the annual one. One post was titled the "Big Secret" Dish doesn't want you to know. PLEEEAASSSE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)