DPP44 switch may have bought the farm.

TerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Wichita Falls, TX
Came home tonight to "Total Signal Loss" message on screen. My set up is DPP44 switch connected to dish pointed at 110, 119, 129, receivers are 722k, 622, 612. All show total signal loss. Power inserter for DPP44 switch is plugged in with light on. All other cables are as they were last time I did any maintenance a couple of weeks ago, new cable ends to get rid of any corrosion etc. Everything was working fine last night. In the past the switch has always been warm to the touch. But tonight it is as cold as the ambient air. Any easy way to test if the switch is dead? I could try hooking up one satellite feed directly to one receiver and see if I get signal. Any other simple checks for switch operation? I did run check switch which took quite awhile and then went back to Total Signal Loss.

It sounds like you have a 1000.2 dish and three receivers so do you need the DPP44?

I have an older dish with 3 separate feedhorns each with their own output to the switch. Went out and took another look. It is a Dish 1000. I can't remember exactly why but at the time I installed it I needed separate feeds for 110, 119, and 129. This was before the Eastern and Western Arc stuff came about.

Tried unplugging all receivers + power inserter for about fifteen minutes? That will reset the switch.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

It seemed to, it counted down doing 38 checks. I was not watching when it finished. I looked up and it was back to the Total Signal Loss screen. I thought it odd that if it was truly not working why it would be doing the check switch routine.

3Halo0DST, Thanks! Unplugged switch power and receivers for 15+ minutes. Plugged back in and we are back up and running. I have had that switch for several years and I have never had to do that before. Will keep that routine in the tool box for the future.
Thanks again 3Halo0DST for the info! Oh and it only ran 4 checks during check switch routine as it usually does!

I have had to do that routine several times with my DPP44 wsitch (not recently).

I would lose all but one receiver, never all 4.

Unplug EVERYTHING fron the DPP44 and let it set for at least 15 minutes, then reconnect and all is well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)