Dpp44

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I'm sorry if this has been covered before.

I have a Dish 500 with a DishPro twin (119/110),
and a Dish 300 with a DishPro dual (61.5),
and a DP34 switch.

My question is, can I switch out the DP34 switch, with a DPP44, and still use the same LNBFs? (I know i will need the special LNBF for 105)

I am going to change my Dish 500 to a Superdish 105.

I "moved" years ago, and I have to purchase and install everything myself.

Last edited:
No. DishPro lnb's will not work with a DishPro Plus switch. The lnb's that come with the Superdish will work with the DPP44 but not the lnb currently on 61.5. NOTE: The Superdish will be fazed out in next couple of months for locals (not internationals as of now anyway), so work done now may not matter by end of April.

garys said:
No. DishPro lnb's will not work with a DishPro Plus switch. The lnb's that come with the Superdish will work with the DPP44 but not the lnb currently on 61.5. NOTE: The Superdish will be fazed out in next couple of months for locals (not internationals as of now anyway), so work done now may not matter by end of April.

Very interesting. The only reason I was going to add 105 was so my Baltimore HD (OTA) channels would have some program info in the guide, instead of "local programing". Maybe I'll just hang tight for a while. Waiting for a 622 anyway.

garys said:

who told you that Dish Pro lnb wont work with Dish Pro Plus switch?????
you can always change 61.5 lnb to anything you want.

garys said:

Bzzzt wrong answer. Follow this link and then to the DP-Twin link at the bottom. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217

garys said:

Well, now we know the switch info was wrong. Anyone know about the superdish info?

garys said:
No. DishPro lnb's will not work with a DishPro Plus switch.

I don't know where you heard that at, but your statement is very wrong.
You need to know what your talking about before you make such statements.
This really confuses people that want to "Do it yourself".

Were here to help not to hinder.:up

Tankerman if your new SuperDish is set up properly, leave your 61.5 alone and run three wires from your SuperDish to the DPP44 119,110,105 and hook in your existing 61.5, run a check switch on each receiver and you should be good to go. Just make sure you put the power inserter on input #1.

ke4est said:
Tankerman if your new SuperDish is set up properly, leave your 61.5 alone and run three wires from your SuperDish to the DPP44 119,110,105 and hook in your existing 61.5, run a check switch on each receiver and you should be good to go. Just make sure you put the power inserter on input #1.

That's exactly what I was hoping I could do. I already ran a 3rd wire, when we built the house 2 years ago, I just tucked it down in the mast. Thanks for your help guys.

I have a DP Twin and a DP Dual feeding a DP34 cascaded to a DP34 cascaded to a DP34 cascaded to a DPP44. The 921 hooked to the DPP44 works fine, except for the damn guide. Gory details in another thread.

ke4est said:
I don't know where you heard that at, but your statement is very wrong.
You need to know what your talking about before you make such statements.
This really confuses people that want to "Do it yourself".

Were here to help not to hinder. :up
CORRECT!

There's been WAY too many people giving bad info around here lately. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts