Droid Event:

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Droid X just announced, if your due for a upgrade ANY time in 2010, you can upgrade on July 15th to the droid x!!! awesome deal....phone will be 199.

That phone will be much better than the iPhone 4. I am following droidlanding on Twitter to see where they have them hidden.

To me the specs are nice 1GHz(already been done) but to have 8GB on board and 16GB included with expandable to 32GB is nice.

I have the Droid and love it. Best phone I have owned. Does anything Apple can do and better.

I do have my iTouch now updated to iOS 4.0 which is nice but Android still beats it. It took 8 times to get the update. Number 8 was a complete wipe and start over.

Assuming they crack the root on it, and can get rid of motoblur, this has potential to be my next phone, when my upgrade comes around, but I figure there will be something even better by then.

Droid X just announced, if your due for a upgrade ANY time in 2010, you can upgrade on July 15th to the droid x!!! awesome deal....phone will be 199.

I'm due for a new every 2 July 28th. I doubt they will give me the extra $100 early, so I'll have to wait two weeks for mine.

Assuming they crack the root on it, and can get rid of motoblur, this has potential to be my next phone, when my upgrade comes around, but I figure there will be something even better by then.

Im still holding out for a front facing camera, I want to video chat with the wife and boys :)

That is a nice looking phone. I have a while to keep this one though.

There's the 1.5GHz Snapdragon powered HTC Scorpion that is supposed to hit Verizon... (as rumored on engadget). Plus when the glut of WinPho 7 phones hit, I'm sure there will be another "even greater" android phone to combat the Microsoft's upstart OS.

I anticipate an even better phone by November...
I believe end of this year will be make-or-brake time in the smartphone industry: BB with OS6, HP with webOS, MS with WP7,
Google with what is next after FroYo and Apple's iPhone in its current incarnation. For the market at large I'd add Nokia with MeeGo.

I don't think all of them will succeed. Most will live on for at least a few more years but just 2-3 will account for most of the market share, I believe.

And the breakneck pace of development (e.g Android) will slow down to something more reasonable...

diogen.

I believe end of this year will be make-or-brake time in the smartphone industry: BB with OS6, HP with webOS, MS with WP7,
Google with what is next after FroYo and Apple's iPhone in its current incarnation. For the market at large I'd add Nokia with MeeGo.

I don't think all of them will succeed. Most will live on for at least a few more years but just 2-3 will account for most of the market share, I believe.

And the breakneck pace of development (e.g Android) will slow down to something more reasonable...

diogen.

I don't see Android going away. Android development might slow down, but I doubt it will come to a crawl. Still much to do, although I suspect their development might shift more towards Tablets. But who knows.

Me neither.
But I would guess combined, iPhone and Android, probably would account for half the market or less, after the dust settles.

What will the other half be?

Diogen.

BB isn't going away either. I am doubtful that HP can save WebOS, and Microsoft has dug itself a very big hole; and has become way too Windows-centric in trying to make a phone behave like a windows machine. It will survive, but will be marginal at best.

My guess is a big three of Apple, Android, and BB, with everybody else lost in the dust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)