drop outs on OTA with 90% +

splat10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Recently my NBC has developed an annoying habbit of dropping audio continously on and off. The signal strength never goes below 90%. I have seen this on other stations but mostly on NBC. The tower is only 12 miles away. :confused: It worked fine for me until just the last month or so. I'm guessing the latest software may have something to do with it? Anyone else have this problem?

This might be a problem with the NBC station. If the signal level is just that and not EB or "signal quality" a worng setting on the NBC Encoder (at their transmitter) or a slight mistuning in their transmitter can cause this.

I see this same behavior with my Mitsubishi ATSC tuner on my local NBC affiliate. My Marantz DD receiver will switch to NO DATA and back to DOLBY 2/0 or DOLBY 3/2.1 depending on what NBC is sending. The picture is solid during these LOS events.

splat10 said:
Recently my NBC has developed an annoying habbit of dropping audio continously on and off. The signal strength never goes below 90%. I have seen this on other stations but mostly on NBC. The tower is only 12 miles away. :confused: It worked fine for me until just the last month or so. I'm guessing the latest software may have something to do with it? Anyone else have this problem?

That's about the same time it started happening to me. A friend I talked into getting an 811 had it happen at the same time too. He hates me now :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)