dropping Dish? Maybe

svarney

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
So. Beloit, IL
I am thinking about dropping dish and going back to charter cable.

Reason 1. HD tuner will cost me way too much.
2. I'm already getting cable so i can watch my local (madison, Wi) instead of the ones that Dish say i can get (rockford, IL). Mainly for the Packer games. :(

questions is since i have only had dish for 7 months will i have to pay a penlity?

any ideas on these thoughts?

thanks
scott

Best thing I think to do is to send an e-mail E* and ask them what date you can cancel your service (an e-mail puts it in writing just in case of a problem). That ought to get their interest and they might offer you a deal on an 811. If no deal at least you know when they say you can walk.

svarney said:
I am thinking about dropping dish and going back to charter cable.

Reason 1. HD tuner will cost me way too much.
2. I'm already getting cable so i can watch my local (madison, Wi) instead of the ones that Dish say i can get (rockford, IL). Mainly for the Packer games. :(

questions is since i have only had dish for 7 months will i have to pay a penlity?

any ideas on these thoughts?

thanks
scott

The upcoming legislation change may help you get Madison locals on DISH. Not sure but it sounds like they may fall into the "significantly viewed" category.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

You should be able to get your locals for Madison, WI using the SuperDISH. You will want to call to ask about this. You didn't list your location, and I gather you get both sets of locals on cable. The new SHIVA changes should allow for DISH to give you those channels that are local to Madison, WI that are considered "significantly viewed" so it would be just like getting all your locals that you get on cable now. Congress just passed it. It's just now waiting for Bush to sign.

Also, DISH has a program called DHA that allows someone to lease an 811 HD receiver. You may want to ask about this as well.

Yes my local cable provider does have both Rockford and Madison in their lineup.

I will check again on getting Madison channels.

I was told that i could not lease anything seeing i have only been with dish for 7 months.

I did email them like rad suggested. Waiting to see what answer i get.

If you don't get the answer you're looking for with the normal e-mail send one to ceo@dishnetwork.com

That's the corporate e-mail address and they have been pretty good at responding to people.

Also, if you went through a local retailer, it would be a nice thing to check in with them and see how much money comes out of their pocket if you cancel. Sometimes just one extra day can make a BIG difference to them.

Well i did email and got a phone call this afternoon. They will let me lease a 811 unit and come to install it for 29.95 plus the monthly HD channel charge. She told me that there is nothing that they can do at this time about getting my local channel for a DMA that starts 1 block north of me. But I will hold off on dropping for now.

thanks for all the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts