DTV rebate question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hugo M Garcia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Sun Valley CA

I called DTV customer service on a rebate question
for one of my customers that activated with optimo mas and 9 days later changed to choice .Customer service said that it will not honor the rebate because customer lost the right when it made the change. I called DTV retail services to try to make sense of the answer and was told that it was too bad that no one could do any thing for this customer and that it was the customer fault by changing programming within a month .Has any body come across with this problem before and where DTV stated that by changing programming will affect the customer rebate. What will be the best way to get the rebate back for this customer?

No idea what to tell you as a retailer.

As a customer, first read the rebate terms, it may require Choice Extra as a min package, in which case he is screwed. If that is not the case, he is probably entitled to the rebate.

At that point, just escalate the issue, ask for a supervisor, if all else fails ask for cancellations.

Try calling the number on the rebate form first, some companies just nearly automatically honor rebates when someone calls to complain, others make it nearly imposible.

all packages have rebate optimo mas and up has $18.00 choice and up $29.99 for 12 mos if done on line
customer tried cancel but was told about ETF is $460.00 poor customer was a win back from another service thanks

No idea what to tell you as a retailer.

As a customer, first read the rebate terms, it may require Choice Extra as a min package, in which case he is screwed. If that is not the case, he is probably entitled to the rebate.

At that point, just escalate the issue, ask for a supervisor, if all else fails ask for cancellations.

Try calling the number on the rebate form first, some companies just nearly automatically honor rebates when someone calls to complain, others make it nearly imposible.

Choice package is higher than optimo mas $47.99 v choice $58.99 just rebate are higher

I was just wondering if he was trying to drop down to a lower package and it turned out to be one that was not available for the rebate, but thats not the case, seeing he's UP selling, I would think that they would take care of it for him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.