dual tuner 522 install

tboecker

Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Im thinking about going with dishnetwork and the dual tuner 522 receiver. My question is do you need 3 cables run to it, ( 2 for the input and 1 for the output which would got to the other tv) I have finished wall and running the 2 extra cables would be big job. Is there another way?

tboecker said:
Im thinking about going with dishnetwork and the dual tuner 522 receiver. My question is do you need 3 cables run to it, ( 2 for the input and 1 for the output which would got to the other tv) I have finished wall and running the 2 extra cables would be big job. Is there another way?

You will need two from the switch (unless you purchase the DPP44 which will likely not be part of the free "standard" installation) to the 522. Then, you will need two from the 522 to the TVs (one to TV1 and one to TV2).

I got mine installed on thursday and they put on a new dual LMB that only requires one coax from the satellite to the 522 unit....but you still have 1 wire going to TV2 and one wire going to TV1.

LNB Low Noise amplified Block downconverter
LNBF LNB with integrated Feedhorn. Details at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/43

Dish500 is not equipped with "a dual," it typically has *2* duals (legacy) or a Twin (legacy or DishPro).

Dual tuner receivers like the 522 can be installed with 1 run of RG6 from the dish by using
- DishPro Twin > DPP44 > DP Separator
- DishPro Plus Twin > DP Separator

I've also heard of them using 2 cables via:

TV1 gets the receiver on top of it and has two lines from the sat dish connected to it. Then a diplexor is used to back feed the TV2 output back down one of the lines which is pulled off somewhere down the line with another diplexor to then give a feed for the TV2 television.

I believe the problem people have seen with that has been less than ideal picture quality on the TV2.

I'm gonna get a 522 installed on next Friday and see what all the options the installer will give me. I have a Legacy Quad LNB currently feeding 4 seperate receivers. I'll be replacing 2 non DVR devices with the 522 but I only have to locations that have 2 coax run to them. So we'll have to see what they can do under the basic install.

Mike_H said:
I've also heard of them using 2 cables via:

TV1 gets the receiver on top of it and has two lines from the sat dish connected to it. Then a diplexor is used to back feed the TV2 output back down one of the lines which is pulled off somewhere down the line with another diplexor to then give a feed for the TV2 television.

I believe the problem people have seen with that has been less than ideal picture quality on the TV2.

That is how mine is setup and you are right, TV2 picture quality suffers a little. I found that an in-line amp helps quite a bit.

With enough money, it can all be done on a single cable. That is, a DishPro RG-6 with a SP Separator at one end and a DPPlus switch/LNBF at the other. The backfeed is done with diplexers in the middle.

Power inserters can NOT be farther away from the DPP44 than the diplexers, unless you use high-current ones - which E* is supposedly releasing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts