Duel Tuner - 322

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrv331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
NE Ohio
This is my first posting here and hope you guys can shed some light for me. Im interested in signing up for DishNetwork. One company is offering a receiver(hope that is the right term) that will allow 2 tvs to watch seperate channels. I was told its model 322. I was also told by another company, who doesnt offer that model to stay away from it. I cant find awhole lot of information on the receiver. Any comments from you guys? One more thing I keep seeing several different posts in reference to different dish model numbers- what the main difference between them?
Thanks
John

I got a 322 basically so I could use the "PIP" feature on my tv,I have never used it for the duel tv set up.Had it for about 3 weeks now and no problems of any kind so far.

What, do you guys have/want receivers that fight? With all the bugs the new receivers have I sure hope they aren't also having some kind of duels to the death. That would really be a shame. :rolleyes:

Dueling receivers- novel concept :D

AndyMon said:
What, do you guys have/want receivers that fight? With all the bugs the new receivers have I sure hope they aren't also having some kind of duels to the death. That would really be a shame. :rolleyes:

Dueling receivers- novel concept :D

Is that a bit like "Dueling Banjos"? :D

Anyway, as regards the 322, where I work, we have had a lot of problems with them. They seem to be kinda flaky, at least about 60% of the ones we got. Various problems, second tuner going out, not sending video to one or the other TV, etc. Not one single problem. But you never know, we might have gotten a bad batch. Your milege may vary.

I converted from C-Band to a 322 system about a week ago -- generally seems like a good system. I've had two small glitches: 1) The Caller ID lagged by one call, but that seems to have fixed itself; and 2) The INFO page pops-up about twice an hour for no reason -- no big deal, but annoying.

I like having the two tuners -- wish they both had UHF/RF remotes. I hooked both tuners up to the single cable running to my other TV's; so now I can view either tuner on any TV in the house by just switching channels (3 & 73 in my case). A nice luxury after having only one station at a time with C-Band.

The system belongs to DISH -- so if something goes wrong -- they fix it or replace it for free; so maintenance isn't a big part of the puzzel.

SteveT said:
The system belongs to DISH -- so if something goes wrong -- they fix it or replace it for free; so maintenance isn't a big part of the puzzel.
I thought that the new DHA plan only provided a limited term warranty and subscribers had to purchase the 'new and improved' warranty plan after that expired to continue the protection. I'm still not clear on how this works when someone doesn't have a commitment.

beejaycee said:
I thought that the new DHA plan only provided a limited term warranty and subscribers had to purchase the 'new and improved' warranty plan after that expired to continue the protection. I'm still not clear on how this works when someone doesn't have a commitment.
The standard warranty is for 90 days which includes free replacement and service calls. After 90 days replacements are $14.99 for shipping and service calls are $99. The Digital Home Protection plan is $5.99 per month and covers up to four receivers with free replacement including two-way shipping and $29 ($70 discount) servicecalls. Most problems can be solved over the phone and you may just be looking at replacements. It is rare that a service call to your home would have to be made. As far as commitments there is none with DISH Network; however, the retailer who installs it may have one.

SteveT I was having that info problem on my 522 DISH said that problem didn't exist the next day I got a call informing me that if i changed the remote address to any address other than #1 it would cure the problem. I did and I haven't seen that problem in 2 weeks, funny how they have cures for problems that don't exist. Now if they could come up with some more cures for problems I don't have like the wrong caller ID coming up or just not coming up at all.

I have Dual tunner Dish Network 322

322 Receiver needs software modification, to eliminate incompatibility issues with non Echostar DVR units!
Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my ReplayTV 5040 after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my ReplayTV 5040 TOTALLY USELESS.

EXTREEMLY ANOYING and TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE
I never had these ridiculous problems with my ReplayTV 5040 and Cable Company!
After more than 7 days and several calls to Dish Network Tech support, I may or may not have workable solution.
Whether this solution works or not it is very poor workaround at best.
I currently have 8 reminder timers (1 every 3 hours) set to simulate remote control activity, in order to keep the 4 hour inactivity screen saver from activating. Due to software updating Daily at 4:00 AM I had to set additional timer at 4:10 AM to keep from having screen saver started after software update.
SUGESTION PLEASE EXPEDITE SOFTWARE MODIFICATION ON 322 RECEIVERS TO INCLUDE CHECK BOX.
[ ] DISABLE SCREEN SAVER
This would be much preferred to my current workaround that may or may not work
ATTENTION THOSE WITH ANY TYPE RECORDING DEVICE being used with DISHNETWORK 322 receiver!
This work around works best!
Menu 616 takes you to Updates Screen then chose Activation Disable!
That’s it no more bouncy ball (Press Select to Continue) Dishnetwork Screen Saver.
Warning this workaround may cause other less serious but extremely aggravating problems due to Dishnetworks poorly written software!
322 Receiver incompatible with non Echostar DVR units due to poorly written software!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts