dumb question, reciever to friends house

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
my buddy has dish network but crappy programming. can i bring my receiver over to his house and get my programming for one night? basically looking to just swap my receiver in for his just to get some playoff hockey in HD. he has an HD dish.

forgive me i am a n00b with this stuff.

yea, i have hd programming and 2 hd receiver. i was going to take one with me to his house.

he has an hd receiver and hd programming but his programming sucks because he's a cheapskate. :D

If you have an HD receiver with HD programming and he has a Dish for HD you should be set. Just swap it out and do a switch check.

It should work without a problem. The only possible issue I could see is if he has a single tuner receiver with a standard DP type switch and you show up with a dual tuner that needs a DPP switch or two wires.

Anyway, if you both have the same model receivers than no problem at all. You will also need to run a switch test on the unit once you get there unless you have the same dish type as well.

Even if he had a single tuner and you showed up with a dual tuner it would still work. You would just hook the cable up to the Sat 1 input and do a switch check. It will work.

thanks, he has a dual tuner and thats what ill be bringing, if it doesnt work its no biggy...we'll have to bring the party to my place. thanks!

mods can delete this

but it really isn't allowed as far as the rules go. make sure you don't plug in the internet or a phone line. if he has homeplug internet set up you might not be able to avoid the receiver 'calling home'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)