Duo Receiver Fee

Loflyby

Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Indiana
Wow, I guess when I went to paperless billing I had a feeling I may be a bit out of the loop on changes. I just noticed that Dish is charging $14 for every duo receiver. I have a 722 and 322, apparently I am now going to be charged $14 montly for the 322.

I would love to have a couple more receivers having upgraded to HD TV's and getting rid of our older TV's, but I cannot swallow the cost of spending $14 monthly for every duo receiver.

I am out of contract, and have just stuck with Dish. Generally we have been satisfied with them, but now I am looking at the other option.

I would like to hook up 6 TV's, with 3 being HD, but that would be an extra $28 bucks monthly going to two duo HD receivers with my 722. Any suggestions ?

Don't know if this will help but since all of the outputs are hot on the receivers, maybe you could reduce some of the costs by using these outputs. I have a 222, I have the HDMI output to the HD TV in the livingroom and the component outputs for the HD TV in my bedroom. One reciever to two HDTV's.:)

Two more HD Duos will be an additional $34 per month, not $28.

Each HD Duo receiver after the first is $14/month. So, if you have two additional HD Duos after the first one, then it would be an extra $28/month.

You may be thinking about DVR receivers as though are an extra $17/month (with the exception of the 922 I think unless that changed) with an additional $6/month DVR fee (or $10/month DVR fee if one has a 922).

Yes doesn't it suck? For $10.00 you would get a dvr ,but then you would pay another $6.00 for the dvr fee, if you weren't already paying one on your account.

Here is the list of receivers and their additional receiver fees.

$07.00 - Solo sd/hd -301,311,381,501,508/211,211k,411

$10.00 - Solo dvr sd/hd- 512,510/612

$14.00 - Duo sd/hd- 322/222,222k

$17.00 - Duo dvr sd/hd- 522,625/622,722,722k

Wasn't the Duo recievers supposed to save you some money? Hmmm...what happened to that part? $7 + $7 for 2 HD solos = $14 Duo.....I would rather have 2 HD Solo receivers now unless they go back to giving a discount to the Duos. However, I am not paying any upfront fees to get 2 HD Solo receivers. By the way, I have 2 Duos. 1 Duo is still good in order to avoid another $7 fee.

What receiver(s) have 2 Sat tuner, and 1 OTA tuner, recording capability? I only need one HD output.
I think these would be the 612, the 622, and the 722. The 411/211/211k might work with an added EHD for DVR conversion, but they only have 1 sat tuner. The 222 might work but it has no DVR conversion possible as yet. The 722k, 222k, and 922 all have either 0 or 2 OTA tuners, depending upon additional-cost module.

The cheapest 2 Tuner, 1 OTA tuner for just one TV per month is the 612 @$10.

I have read here that some are not enamored of the 612, so I asked the installer today what he thought of them. He said they are kind of like the 508. When you get a good one, and most are, they are wonderful with almost no issues. But when you get a bad one... :)

I would like to hook up 6 TV's, with 3 being HD, but that would be an extra $28 bucks monthly going to two duo HD receivers with my 722. Any suggestions ?
Hopefully the FCC will require all MVPDs (i.e.. Cable/Satellite/Telcos) to provide customers with a home gateway device, upon request, based on open-standards during by 2012 so people can purchase reasonably priced consumer set-top-boxes and not continue to be raked over the coals paying outrageous lease fees and/or being forced to use interior products being schlocked by the video provider.

Just like Direct TV, more receivers/tv, more money off your wallet.

Cable is more valuable these days when I can get non-digital channels in the 100s+ without any box/receiver up to 6 tv at one expensive price. But, if you have HBO and pay channels and want any box/receivers (cable), another Dish and Direct TV price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)