DVR 522, Clear History

jeff62439

Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Just got a 522, I have had a 501 for about 4 years. I havent seen this discussed anywhere so any help would be appreciated.

I have been trying for 2 days to find out how to clear the dvr history and the timer history.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

I don't have a 522, or I dought I ever will, but I may get the 942 and it's likely the same. I messed with my sisters 522 some and I don't like not being able to erase dvr history and timer history. I also couldn't find a way to save some cid history without erasing all of it. Hope they think about changing this more like the 721/921's, as they are simple to operate and work good. I even had a hard time finding the timers on the 522, but I didn't mess with it very long.

I was afraid this was going to be the answer. Not being able to clear the history is the only thing that really would have kept me from buying the 522. Thanks.

Now way to clear it, sounds like a design or programming issue.

With the Direct TV Tivo you can clear it. Sometimes when your Tivo is slow or acting up , this is the way to have it fix things.

So there is no easy way to fix or reset the 522?

Go to any channel you like, the audio channels work well.

Record - OK - wait a few seconds - stop - stop.

Repeat as necessary.

Then press DVR - Edit - Select the ones you just recorded - Delete.

Do as many as needed until you start to bump the timer/recording history you're trying to get rid of.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)