DVR 612 to 2 HD TVs via an HDMI Switch or Spliter, No Work, Help

21st Hermit

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Colorado
Is there a basic problem running two TVs (only one on at a time) off a 612 HDMI port via either a HDMI splitter or an HDMI switch?

Tried a splitter like this:
41F5zNWveVL.jpg

Then tried an HDMI switch like this:
61Ett9S56%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

This same switch had previously worked fine connecting an Xbox and Bluray to the primary TV.

In neither case would either TV find a signal. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm doing exactly that but with a powered splitter. In from the Receiver, out to the TV, and out to my Audio Receiver, which goes to the other TV.

It appears to me those are two into one, instead of what you want one into two. I don't know if they will work in reverse.

Some Success

Thanks for the replies, I'm starting to understand what's happening.

The switch I showed is backwards, multiple inputs to one HDMI feed, I want the opposite.

Since my PC has an HDMI monitor and is infinitely easier to plug and unplug than the DVR, did some test.

Using this splitter:
41F5zNWveVL.jpg

I was able to connect it between my PC and monitor. One of the two outputs provides both video and audio, the other neither. Hence it is likely defective. I should be able to do more tests in the morning with the second TV monitor.

Dish 612 does not like the Splitter

Using the PC's HDMI output and the passive splitter, I had no problem running either HDMI monitor or both at the same time.

Going back to the Dish 612, once and only once I saw the DVR splash screen and then was able to turn on the DVR and select local channels from the satellite. Cable channels gave me a notice that the system did not support high bandwidth signals. Except for this one time either HDMI TV said "No signal".

Clearly the Dish 612 does NOT like that splitter. Straight HDMI cables work fine with either TV.

Don't know what else to say. I gave you what I use on the 612 and it works flawlessly, and that you are using the wrong direction splitters. Get a powered splitter with the direction one in, two out. The product in the link JM42 posted should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)