DVR 625 with one SAT input

aamert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I was wondering if its possible for me to operate my dual tuner DVR 625 with just one sat input.
Currently i just have one 61.5 Rg-6 coming into my receiver but that only operates TV 1 and NOT TV2.

Is it possible for me to operate TV 2 as well, wit just the single wire from the Sat?
Also i have this separator from dish network,that came along with the reciver? could i use it for this purpose in some way?

Thanks,

You could use the separator only if you have Dish Pro Plus equipment (Dpp Twin or Dpp44 switch). What do you have?

You need both satellite feeds for a dual tuner receiver. While it might work with one satellite feed connected (can only operate 1 tuner), you're only asking for trouble in the future.

i dont have any switch

i just have a single lnb that has the output going into the reeiver.
what u been by trouble?

i wonder if i can do that
i used the separator(which is of high frequency)

but it didnt work(i think)

unless he has a dish 300 or a dish 500 with an I adapter, he could remedy the situation with a DPP twin and the seperator. A DP34 would work, too.

Also, a seperator is not a splitter.

webbydude said:
If the OP is just using the 61.5, couldn't he simply use a hi-freq splitter and split the 61.5 right before the two inputs?

Never tried it but this might work. You will need a High Freq. splitter with power passing in one leg only. You could get a DP Dual on eBay for $20.00 but will need two runs to the receiver.

i know i can work with a dual lnb which i had before.
but it got damaged so i had to use an old single lnb
( i have dish 500) btw

i know i can use the single/shared view but dual view(dual tuner working)= less fights over which channel to watch. so everyone can change their own channels

ok one last concern( i hope)

on dish 500, With a quad lnb on 61.5. will ALL the outputs be operable with 61.5 right?

cuz i tried 2 single lnbs and it didnt pick up the signal on the right side lnb..

layout.JPG

This is my current setup, I have one line coming from the dish to my receiver and it shares tv out to two , you will need to two splitters. The DP separator might be a special part made by dish network. This setup is working for me exactly as you explain your situation

hodl on let me get this staright

ur satellite wire is first going into the diplexer and then from there one is going in to the separtor to split into two?
right?

theflavor said:
layout.JPG

This is my current setup, I have one line coming from the dish to my receiver and it shares tv out to two , you will need to two splitters. The DP separator might be a special part made by dish network. This setup is working for me exactly as you explain your situation

and then when u run switch test, it picks the same SAT on both inputs right?

Ugh! All these possible permutations are making my head spin. LOL Like Chad stated, you're just better off buying a DPP Twin; assuming your dish will accept the part. DPP Twins can be had for less than $30. Hi-freq splitter is gonna cost pretty close to $20

webbydude said:
Ugh! All these possible permutations are making my head spin. LOL Like Chad stated, you're just better off buying a DPP Twin; assuming your dish will accept the part. DPP Twins can be had for less than $30. Hi-freq splitter is gonna cost pretty close to $20

All of these items were supplied to me during my install and didn't cost any extra, and I ordered through Dish directly not the local installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)