DVR 921 at www.VSSLL.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcj2001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
VSSLL say's

"We received our first shipment from DISH today.
They'll be in the mail shortly.
DISH Distributors will receive theirs Monday.
I'm waiting to see if JVC gets theirs today"

:D

Hmmm, talked to VSSLL this morning (and last night) They were in Atlanta yesterday afternoon trying to pick up 921s in person at the distributor, NO GO.

Supposedly someone messed up their order. Owner was staying in Atlanta and going to JVC this morning to try and get some there. No word yet.

Doesn't look good and call me weird but I don't want one with JVC on the faceplate, I prefer Dish Network on the faceplate. Can't explain why I feel that way, just do.

Dave

928gt said:
Doesn't look good and call me weird but I don't want one with JVC on the faceplate, I prefer Dish Network on the faceplate. Can't explain why I feel that way, just do.

Interesting, I would actually rather have it the other way around, say JVC and no Dish Network.

However, they say both!

I don't care if I get the JVC or Dish flavor, I just want one now! I just called Echosphere corporate myself and talked to someone in sales... Apparently, they are only allocating 3 units per "territory". I'm not sure how Echostar's territories are set up, but it's very doubtful most of will get the Dish flavor this calendar year.

I'm just hoping I can get one of the JVC's

928gt said:

Dave

Okay, you're weird. To tell the truth, at this point I wouldn't care if there was a caricature of a steaming turd on the faceplace, I just want the darn thing already!

This is on their web site now...
If I receive all my JVC units Monday, everybody, so far, is covered
and we'll have units to spare!

The click here for ordering info is an email link. I have emailed them (Wednesday) but have received no response (as of Friday). I would be willing to order one of these, but would like to know they will be able to ship it to me in a timely fashion (like Monday), instead of Dish Depot's 30-60 days.

Although to be fair, their 30-60 days may just be more realistic than disclaimers starting with "If"

My local dealer was told by Echostar that they won't have 921's in the Cleveland warehouse until "probably after the first of the year"... so I'm still waiting.

drcos said:
This is on their web site now...
If I receive all my JVC units Monday, everybody, so far, is covered
and we'll have units to spare!

The click here for ordering info is an email link. I have emailed them (Wednesday) but have received no response (as of Friday). I would be willing to order one of these, but would like to know they will be able to ship it to me in a timely fashion (like Monday), instead of Dish Depot's 30-60 days.

Although to be fair, their 30-60 days may just be more realistic than disclaimers starting with "If"

My local dealer was told by Echostar that they won't have 921's in the Cleveland warehouse until "probably after the first of the year"... so I'm still waiting.

PLease note:
They DO NOT accept credit cards. It has to be cashiers check or money order!!
I thought about ordering but it makes me a little nervous.

Has anyone reading these ordered & RECEIVED the 921 in good condition to thus recommend vssll.com???

They DO NOT accept credit cards. It has to be cashiers check or money order!!
I thought about ordering but it makes me a little nervous.

Thanks for this info Rob, this is more than I have heard from them. I can't realistically order this from a dealer I don't know without using a credit card, you are giving up some consumer protection. I guess I'll wait for my local dealer or that DishStore.net...

Now where should I get my DVI cable (DVI-D I think).

FYI Dishstore.net did get 2 units in on Wednesday 12/24

The problem is that, the only 2 people who ended up getting a 921 was me and Scott.

I very seriously doubt this guy will be getting any decent quanity of 921's in anytime soon, I just checked inventory this afternoon and there is only 20 units available nationwide with absolutly no units in Atlanta.

I just emailed them as well but as a poster on another board pointed out to me they don't accept a CC which is a deal breaker for me. For one thing I don't have $999 cash, and 2nd I don't want to give up my protection my CC has.

Dish Depot takes CC

I ordered my 921 today from Dish Depot. They take CC unlike the other place. I would not buy anything from someone I have never dealt with with out using a CC. :D

Re: Dish Depot takes CC

Hey,

What is the shipping charge for the 921?

c150flyboy said:
I ordered my 921 today from Dish Depot. They take CC unlike the other place. I would not buy anything from someone I have never dealt with with out using a CC. :D

c150flyboy said:

Did Dish Depot give you an estimated ship date for an order placed today?

CAL7 said:
c150flyboy said:

Did Dish Depot give you an estimated ship date for an order placed today?
If he just ordered, he's behind a bunch of us. :)

Love to hear what the current estimate of time is. ;)

Should i do a order now with Dish Depot or wait? Do you guys really see the price on this dropping? Somehow I am doubting it seeing that the 721 never competed in price with the DTivos.

Delivery

They told me delivery is 30 to 60 days. At least now I am in line. No one in my area would even take my order. Ground shipping is free. Total was $999.00. Now I just have to wait! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)