DVR and DSL

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
ok one question: I currently have a 510. I am going to add a 522 to my system. I know that Dish will charge you 5 bucks if the reciever is not plugged into the phone line. I could care less about doing that BUT: Whenever I plug my 510 into the phone line, my DSL connection goes dead. as long as the 510 is plugged in, I get no DSL. I have tried dsl filters, the wire, all kinds of things. It doesnt bother me, I just plug it in when needed. I asked dish and they said that even tho the reciever caused the problem they would not waive the 5 dollar fee. Has anyone run into this issue with the 522? (or the 510) This is going to be the decider whether I get the 522 or not... Im not going to pay 5 more dollars for that....

Help!

Stephen

Have you run the telephone test on the 510 to see if it thinks that the phone line and modem are O.K.?

I have two receivers connected to my DSL phone line and they don't cause any problem. I do have a "whole house" filter instead of filters on each device but that shouldn't make any difference.

Same here.... 522 and DSL with no problem. Does a regular phone work ok in that particular jack?
I'd suggest getting someone from the phone co. out to help you on this one...

My DSL and 522 are even on the same jack with a filter. No problems at all. If your DSL connection when you are on the phone but NOT when the receiver is calling, it sounds like a strange wiring problem. The receivers are making simple analog data calls (like a fax machine which should also not affect your DSL) so the effect should be the same as a voice call.

for that to happen with your phones, it's likely that your phone jack is not wired properly. Unless the modem in the 510 is faulty, connecting it to the line shouldn't do anything other than the same thing that would occur when connecting another phone to the extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)