DVR Fee? Reducing Programming

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well since my bill went up $8 I am going to lower my programming, the question is if I go to the Gold 250, would I be charged a lease fee and a DVR fee? I was thinking of dropping to the 250 from AE, dropping Showtime and Cinemax, then add max for a .01 and keep HOB and Starz as they seem to have the better movies. I also planned on dropping my owned 510 and 522 and leasing another 722 in place of those 2 recievers. I am ditching Platimun HD. I figure I am going to be saving somehwere around $38 depending on if they charge a DVR fee and lease fee, thanks for any input as this is confusing to me.

Thanks, would the primary DVR be charged a fee also or is it waived?

If you have DVR Advantage the first DVR fee and locals are included in the $10 DDA fee. Otherwise DVR fees are $5.98 for each DVR. The first lease fee is included in the package price. All others are $7 (for HD) and $5 (for SD). For DDA subscribers, E* combines the $5.98 DVR fe and the lease fee into a combined fee of $12 for HD and $10 for SD, saving 98 cents each.

Thanks, would the primary DVR be charged a fee also or is it waived?
No, the first is waived. Plus additional receivers are $0.98 cheaper than they were before. I was looking at the $8 increase as well. But having compared my current bill to my last bill, I am getting the $3/mo off and that $0.98 off for my non-primary 625, so my bill only went up $4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)