DVR Recording Lock-Out

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Does anyone have any info as to whether or not there are plans to make it possible to lock individual recordings on the DVR? Currently I believe the only way to lock a recorded program is to lock the entire channel from which the show was recorded. This is not really a workable situation. For example, I'm enjoying catching up on several years of "The Simpsons" re-runs, but I don't want my kids viewing them. Right now the only way to prevent that is to lock out FOX which isn't really doable since one of my daughter's favorite shows (American Idol) is on the channel as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!

OrangeandBlue33

I hear ya! It's kinda tough when you've got a 10 year old that's got a crush on a tall red-headed kid who sings outa tune much of the time. :eek: Too make it worse, we now have a CD with some of this season's "greatest hits". :eek: :eek:

We've got ALL the CD's. Does your daughter DVR every episode of Ryan Seacrest, Regis, etc, where one of the contestants appears? How about having to burn CD's and DVD's from downloaded AI clips? Or, seeing Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson twice in one week. Or, wanting to fly to NYC to see Clay Aiken perform live for Good Morning America? (I don't think that last one will happen, though.) :eek:

Thank god AI is over for now. I have my Tuesdays and Wednesdays back! :D (Not to mention all those nights where they show absolutely nothing new, just to milk every last drop out of the ratings teat.) :mad:

Yikes! :eek: Luckily, it's just been a few hours a week. Sounds like you're swimming in it. Enjoy your summer. ;)

Yuk Yuk. No they play the sport that actually fills their stadiums. :D

In fact, Broncos hold the 2nd longest running sellout record - behind the Redskins.

As for baseball, I only go to AAA games - Colo. Spgs. SkySox. Comfy clean little field. $6 tickets. Cheap beer & hot dogs (less than in a bar!). No huge lines for parking, restrooms, or anything. Inter-inning kids funtime game stuff. Just a really nice place to go for a few hours with friends.

We have an A ball team here in SJ. Same deal. But, the ballpark is a bit of a dump. That's part of it's charm, I suppose.

Of course, right after I move, they get an A ball team in Brooklyn, with a beautiful ballpark in Coney Island. http://www.brooklyncyclones.com/parkpics.shtml

(Notice that football is played in a stadium, while baseball is played in a park.)

SkySox STADIUM (Ref: http://skysox.com/) is quite nice and clean. Maybe it has to do with the fans. We're Republicians here. :D They just rebuilt the FIELD (cool flash slideshow). There are 2 PARKS in foul territory off the outfields.

Do you mean "A" ball, or "AAA"? The Sox are AAA - on any given day a player may be headed up to the Colorado Rockies or just came back from there.

Just yankin on ya about Stadium and Park - both are correct, as is Field, at the choice of the team or owners. The Rockies play at Coors Field. Yards is also appropriate - as in Camden Yards.

SimpleSimon said:
Maybe it has to do with the fans. We're Republicians here.
Yes. I saw the luxury boxes.

Do you mean "A" ball, or "AAA"? The Sox are AAA - on any given day a player may be headed up to the Colorado Rockies or just came back from there.
In SJ and Bklyn, the minor league teams are Class A. However, Keyspan Park, due the overwhelming popularity of baseball in Brooklyn, is as big and beautiful as any AAA park, maybe even more so. Oddly, it's also very clean considering that most of the fans are Democrats. Odd.

Just yankin on ya about Stadium and Park - both are correct, as is Field, at the choice of the team or owners. The Rockies play at Coors Field. Yards is also appropriate - as in Camden Yards.

I guess you've never heard George Carlin's brilliant Baseball-Football comparison.

GaryPen said:
Yes. I saw the luxury boxes.
:p

GaryPen said:
In SJ and Bklyn, the minor league teams are Class A. However, Keyspan Park, due the overwhelming popularity of baseball in Brooklyn, is as big and beautiful as any AAA park, maybe even more so. Oddly, it's also very clean considering that most of the fans are Democrats. Odd.
Dang - now I can't even use my small-town vs. big-city rant either. :(

GaryPen said:
I guess you've never heard George Carlin's brilliant Baseball-Football comparison.
No - he's great - would love to hear it if you know where to find it. :)

BTW, as I write this, the Rockies are playing the Yankees - in Yankee STADIUM. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts