DVR Service Fee and Leased Receiver Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We live in an age where manufacturing, production (and the "whatever I can get away with") costs literally change overnight. One night Sony makes a Playstation 3 that sells for $499, and the next for $399. The only thing that changed is the night before a new process was put into place that makes it easier and cheaper to manufacture the Blu-Ray components.

Apple is a good example, but try that with an automobile. The dealership will not rearrange a loan or payment based on an advertisement that occurs a week or even a day after your purchase the vehicle. This speaks to customers who want to renegotiate their service contracts after already entering into them.

In the end it has more to do with financial flows than right or wrong. Customer feelings don't enter into it, and that's a sentiment I'm rather partial to. The main issue in that is customers don't think like businesses. If a business alters a price such as in the scenario above, many customers take it personally when it is quite literally "just business."

I don't understand the emotion behind that. I see the math, and I can anticipate that a customer might be frustrated one day versus the next because of a price change, but businesses change their prices regularly. I don't understand why when that happens to a particular customer, that person feels as though the company explicitly set out to rope them into a purchase only to change it the next day.

Speaking to customer loyalty, really customers went first. Businesses adjust to customer behaviors, not the other way around. It's when customers started regularly looking for "greener pastures" that DISH began cracking down on people who played the system. Former customer promotions suddenly didn't look as good as they used to. DISH stopped wasting money on base-jumpers that move from company to company with the hottest promotion.

As far as the CSR's intelligence...yeah, I'm just not touching that one. There's no excuse, and I'm not thrilled with Charlie making promises he has little if any intention in that regard of following through with. Outsourcing with DISH seems to be growing, not shrinking. But Charlie's happy to make a dog and pony show at any summit or convention in town stating the contrary.

Zero, you are so fricking arrogant it is astounding.

I'm a firm believer in business. You want a product, the seller offers a price, and you either pay it if you want the product, or you don't and walk away. All the additional pussyfooting around, threatening to cancel like a b*tch and criticisms when you aren't put on a pedestal wear thin after awhile... Customers are a dime a dozen. Pay the fee and be happy with the product (great product, or crappy product depends on YOUR choice and is not the fault of the seller, you bought it after all) or walk away. Either way, there's others willing to pay.
Where is Dish's "offer a price" list?

Why don't you just print up a nice neat price list that all of us crummy customers can read and reconcile with their bill with, and then see the effect of a proposed change and you MIGHT have a point.

But you can't and so you don't

...Dish starts cracking down
Are you serious?

Governments and police departments "crack down". Businesses just get belligerent.

Climb out of the bunker, Adolf.

Zero, you are so fricking arrogant it is astounding.

Thank you. I practice every day and eat my Wheaties. You consider arrogance a failing, I don't when it's justified. That's the difference between ego and skill. I just have both.

Where is Dish's "offer a price" list?

Why don't you just print up a nice neat price list that all of us crummy customers can read and reconcile with their bill with, and then see the effect of a proposed change and you MIGHT have a point.

But you can't and so you don't

Actually... I just don't consider it that important... You really shouldn't assume I can or can't do something. You honestly don't know. I on the other hand do know what I can do, so it's easier for me. :D

Are you serious?

Yes. Are you a Mensa candidate?

Governments and police departments "crack down". Businesses just get belligerent.

Apparently, so do self-righteous customers.

Climb out of the bunker, Adolf.

I'm not Adolf! I have all my hair!

Confucius say: "No war with words then come unarmed."

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)