DVR Service

It's a charge for having any DVR (other than a 501/508) on your account. It should have been there for at least a year already. ;)

Yes, this $6 DVR fee just showed up out of the blue on my bill last month. I was signed up for the deal they offered awhile back where the DVR fee for the VIP622 was included in the package (I forget the package name, but they offered it for awhile). Been meaning to call them and ask what is up with that. I don't appreciate these little surprises.

Edit: I am wrong. The DVR fee was always there. What changed was the price of Top 200. I still maintain that I don't appreciate these surprises. So they increase my service fee by 10% and then try to make up for it by giving me Starz free for a year? I don't like it...

Last edited:
It was included in the package only for a certain period of time, I'm sure. Never heard of Dish permanently waiving the fee for ViP packages.

I wouldn't call them with any kind of attitude because it is very doubtful that fee was waived forever.

Yes, this $6 DVR fee just showed up out of the blue on my bill last month. I was signed up for the deal they offered awhile back where the DVR fee for the VIP622 was included in the package (I forget the package name, but they offered it for awhile). Been meaning to call them and ask what is up with that. I don't appreciate these little surprises.
It almost sounds like you're talking about the DVR Advantage promotion we used to offer. This expired February first of 2010. Because the DVR service fee was changed to an account level fee v.s. being charged individually per receiver. If I remember correctly, when I started in 2008 the DVR Advantage saved $5 on your local programming and $0.98 off of the DVR service fee. The pricing was all bundled together in your programming package so basically there was no DVR service fee. Hope this helps!

It almost sounds like you're talking about the DVR Advantage promotion we used to offer. This expired February first of 2010. Because the DVR service fee was changed to an account level fee v.s. being charged individually per receiver. If I remember correctly, when I started in 2008 the DVR Advantage saved $5 on your local programming and $0.98 off of the DVR service fee. The pricing was all bundled together in your programming package so basically there was no DVR service fee. Hope this helps!

Yes, DVR advantage sounds right. I was wrong about the DVR fee. That has been there for the last year. What changed was the price on my Top200 package. When I first looked at the bill to see why, I thought the DVR fee was new. I was just used to seeing no DVR fee because I had DVR advantage for so long. Thanks for helping me get it straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)