E-14 Satellite and National HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They're in two different arcs so they won't affect each other. Nimiq-5 is going to be a CONUS sat at 72.7 going up next month for National HD allowing 61.5 to do spotbeams only.

Nimiq-5 is going to be a CONUS sat at 72.7 going up next month for National HD allowing 61.5 to do spotbeams only.
That would entirely mess up those of us with mixed arc setups, not to mention waste all the conus bandwidth currently on 61.5 (all even transponders and odd transponders above 23).

They're in two different arcs so they won't affect each other. Nimiq-5 is going to be a CONUS sat at 72.7 going up next month for National HD allowing 61.5 to do spotbeams only.
This is not at all correct. 61.5 can't be used just for spotbeams since wing dish customers wouldn't be able to receive 80% of their HD channels.
Not to mention E*3 is old and most likly would need a replacement before E* would even risk doing something like this with customers locals.

A satellite for 72.7 is going up first, then E-6 should move to 61.5 to cover E3 until the replacement for AMC-14 which did not make orbit (originally going to replace E3 at 61.5).

E-14 at 119 will have a lot of spots to increase LiL HD coverage on the Western arc. I do not know what they will do with E7. Hopefully Dish will be able to actually have a spare satellite again, they are barely holding on now until they get some more birds in the air.

And there is a new replacement in the works for 61.5: Echostar 15. It should kind of like Ciel-2 for the Eastern Arc, only with more power. A complete replacement for all sats there.

And there is a new replacement in the works for 61.5: Echostar 15. It should kind of like Ciel-2 for the Eastern Arc, only with more power. A complete replacement for all sats there.

I would expect that E-12 will stay operational at 61.5 W although its load there should be reduced once E-15 is launched and operational. This should increase the life of both E-12 and E-15 since E-15 won't have to carry as much of the load. I would not be surprised if E-15 provides most of the spotbeam capacity because although E-12 has significant spotbeam capability, it isn't really optimized especially for the Eastern Arc and the uplink limitations also are a problem. If the launch schedule holds and E-15 is launched in late 2010 and Quetzat is launched in late 2011, I would expect both E-3 and E-6 to be moved to 77 W although either one could go to 148 W to hold the licenses there. E-7 could also be moved to 148 W once E-14 is launched in early 2010.

Good point. But I bet E15 will have the capability to handle 61.5 by itself.

I wouldn't think E6 would be needed at 77, as E8 is there. E3 might be a good fit, as it probably has a reasonable footprint there given it was designed for 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)