E* 811 field testing by satelliteguys?

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I have stated this before that E* should considered using satelliteguys for field testing some of their products; in this case the "811".

This forum has several technical folks along with some others that have serious desires to resolve the 811 issues. I feel that a select group can provide their serial numbers and receive pre-launch updates for testing before it is spooled to the rest of the population.

I feel that this will create a win-win solution. Many companies including one that I retired from sets up special Delta teams. These teams are comprised of both company and end users for special beta testing and ongoing problem resolutions with recommendations in creating a better product.

How about it Scott, do you think E* would look at this positively? It would acknowledge the strength of satelliteguys representing a large majority of serious subscribers.

I'll second Bulldogs sugestion and offer myself as a tester. I have been a beta tester for both central point software and symantic and have done extensive Q/A testing on non-computer devices and firmware.

NightRyder

They wouldn't want me as a beta tester: I break things. :D

(aw, they don't have a sinister grin...)

For example, if you keep on pressing the "Sys Info" button repeatedly, the 811 eventually pops its stack. Why would anybody do that? Beats me, but it makes me wonder why Sys Info is recursive?

Foxbat said:
They wouldn't want me as a beta tester: I break things. :D

(aw, they don't have a sinister grin...)

That should be the first qualification to be a beta tester. You want it to break while testing, not after the real customers have it.

WeeJavaDude said:
Well if they were to do this, I would recommend a few people that are having the Reboot channel changing to be on the team. ;)

As a BSOD subscriber, I'll Second that! I was a Beta tester for TiVo in the early days. It's fun and you get the ability to communicate issues to those who can actually do something about them.

Bulldog said:
How about it Scott, do you think E* would look at this positively? It would acknowledge the strength of satelliteguys representing a large majority of serious subscribers.
We just did it with the 522. :)

That is sort of a test to see how well something like this works.

If it work out well we could see more of this kind of stuff in the future.

I do hope that Dish learns that they are better off working with us then against us or ignoring us. We ARE the Internet's largest Satellite Forum, we are over 15,000 registered members strong and we grow more each and every day!

I read an article in the Wall Street Journal the other day which I am thinking about Sending to Charlie, its about a guy who started a cell phone site and breaking news about cell phones. The cell phone companies did not like this site because it broke all the news before it was supposed to be announced (just like we do) the cell phone companies were upset however now they are using his forum in their favor and its actually helping them improve their phones and services.

I really wish Dish and the other satellite companies would use us in this way, it would go a great way in making people happier with their service. :)

Phonescoop.com was how I decided what cell phone I wanted to get.

It would really be in Dish's interest to use these sites for their benefit, instead of always being barbecued on them.

mwgiii said:
It would really be in Dish's interest to use these sites for their benefit, instead of always being barbecued on them.
I just want to make one thing sure is I am not just picking on Dish here, I am picking on all of them, Dish, DirecTV and VOOM.

Yes we bitch and moan about them but we are also an extremely valuable asset to them as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts