E* Billing, Act 2

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
:mad: I upgraded my E* subscription from America's Top 180, old HD package, Superstations and Cinimax/HBO to the HD Platinum package and Superstations on 9/2. This past Saturday I decided to check my account online. Boy was I in for a surprise!!!

I found that on that day not only was I given credit for my previous subscription packages, I paid for them annually, I found that in addition to the new service I was charged 59.95 for "Equipment Installation"!!! WHAT equipment installation i asked myself. The customer account rep even confirmed with me on that day I had a dish pointed @ 61.5 for HD service already.

I called E* again today and the customer account rep stated bluntly that I had a new dish installed on 9/2. I told him several times that he was VERY wrong and that I had installed the dish at least 2 years ago!!!

The customer account rep from today took another 10 minutes to check my account and then stated I would be credited for the installation charges.

This is the second billing problem I have had. Back in June E* started charging me an equipment lease fee for 2 411 receivers. I bought these 2 receivers in December from an online source. It took me threatening to cancel my service to get E* to credit back the 2 months of receiver lease fees @ 6.00 for each receiver.

My suggestion to every E* customer is to watch your account carefully. Check it online at least monthly. Thank GOD I don't have this problem with my Cell phone company.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D
:mad:

It's a Characteristic of Bureaucracies....

I find that following up on almost any institution that transacts some kind of business with me requires my followup. My latest inexplicable experience is that my local county taxing authorities have managed to incorrectly list my house as belonging to an ex-wife when the divorce documents clearly award the house to me, and the change in 'ownership' was never communicated to me. I discovered this only by happenstance while researching how my tax bills have changed over the years. Pardon the slight veer off topic....there is always something....:rolleyes:

They are still calling my 622 which I own, a leased receiver on my bills . I've called 3 times to rectify this, and each time they say it has been fixed . We'll see what the next bill shows .

Yeah call them and make sure they correct it but also give their website time to update any changes on your account. Sometimes it might be slow to show changes..

I have been trying to resolve billing problems with these idiots for months. They will try to tell you that you receivers are leased and that you are contract when you are not. I had a scheduled a 622 lease upgrade and the installer never showed. Of course dish was no help and could not figure out why the order got cancelled. I went out and purchased two 622's out of frustration. They were convinced that they installed them and demanded proof from me that I own all of my receivers(They also thought that they owned my two 322 and one 625). I told them the burden of proof should be on them to show they installed them. No...they still demanded proof. I have spent hours on the phone and even got escalated to the "Executive Office" team and I still battling the lease fee every month. Yes I even emailed CEO with no response. I have been a long time customer, put up with their botched installs and incompetent installers,Nazi audit team,etc all for a few extra HD channels! If DISH keeps it up they will go out of business. Cable is cheaper in the long run in my area.

Murphdog said:
I have been trying to resolve billing problems with these idiots for months. They will try to tell you that you receivers are leased and that you are contract when you are not. I had a scheduled a 622 lease upgrade and the installer never showed. Of course dish was no help and could not figure out why the order got cancelled. I went out and purchased two 622's out of frustration. They were convinced that they installed them and demanded proof from me that I own all of my receivers(They also thought that they owned my two 322 and one 625). I told them the burden of proof should be on them to show they installed them. No...they still demanded proof. I have spent hours on the phone and even got escalated to the "Executive Office" team and I still battling the lease fee every month. Yes I even emailed CEO with no response. I have been a long time customer, put up with their botched installs and incompetent installers,Nazi audit team,etc all for a few extra HD channels! If DISH keeps it up they will go out of business. Cable is cheaper in the long run in my area.
Take it from an installer..I have spent many hours on the phone due to Dish's screw up's...What I find especially irritataing is when thwe CSR's insist what I can see right in front of me is not really there....I have learned the ropes and whenever one of these $6/hr morons gets snippy, I threaten them with talking to thier supe....Some of them get all crabby and tell me i can't speak ot the boss..I jst tell them fine, this is going to Executibve Resolutions..They usually say 'how high" after that..

Why is this so hard?

Thanks VIASAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)