Easiest way to duplicate contacts across smartphones

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Ok, I am in the process of swapping over 9 of our business lines from C-Spire to Verizon. All of these lines except one are going from a basic phone to a smartphone, the iPhone in particular.

My question is this. The one smartphone is a blackberry, and all of his contacts are synced to a gmail account. Getting the contacts to his iPhone will be as easy as singning into his gmail and syncing. The other users all have basically the same contact list, give or take a few personal numbers that would be easy enough to manually enter. So how do I go about copying the one contact list and getting it put into the other phones.

This may be the simplest thing in the world to do, I have just never had to do it. Thanks.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly. Sign into the same gmail account on all the phones as the BB. Let the phones sync all the contacts, then back up to Verizon's backup assistant for each phone. Then, reset each phone to factory which will wipe the gmail account. Then, the phone will sync all the contacts from Verizon's backup assistant for each phone.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly. Sign into the same gmail account on all the phones as the BB. Let the phones sync all the contacts, then back up to Verizon's backup assistant for each phone. Then, reset each phone to factory which will wipe the gmail account. Then, the phone will sync all the contacts from Verizon's backup assistant for each phone.

That should do it, and was pretty much the route I was thinking of taking. Thanks

alternate solution

If you have a friend at a retail cell store, such as Radio Shack, go buy a small SD memory card.
Have them read your contact list from your best phone to the card.
Then, they can write that list to each handset in turn.

You could copy phone-to-phone, but it's nice at the end of the day to have a spare backup on the card.
The contact list is small and text, so it goes quickly.
It's when they copy pictures that the processes is slow. :)

The box they use at RS is the size of a college dictionary.
Your Verizon dealer probably has one. Ask.

You can also use one of those machines they have at the retail stores that allows you to connect one phone on one end, and another phone on the other end. You can copy contacts, photos, and videos with it.

I just logged into the gmail account, exported the contacts to a file, logged into the others gmail accounts that I created for them and Imported. Now, all they should have to do is sync their gmail accounts when they activate their phone, and they should be there.

If you want all the phones to stay in sync perhaps set up a new gmail account for the company contacts and put all the contacts in it. I know the iphone can have multiple accounts for contacts, I assume android and bb would have the same ability.

If you want all the phones to stay in sync perhaps set up a new gmail account for the company contacts and put all the contacts in it. I know the iphone can have multiple accounts for contacts, I assume android and bb would have the same ability.
I know android does, I have two gmail accounts on my phone and tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Downside to that is when a user adds his/her spouse or other personal contacts, those will sync to Google and then back to ALL of the phones. It is possible to have "phone" contacts and Google contacts though to avoid this, but they'd have to remember to mark them that way each time.

Downside to that is when a user adds his/her spouse or other personal contacts, those will sync to Google and then back to ALL of the phones. It is possible to have "phone" contacts and Google contacts though to avoid this, but they'd have to remember to mark them that way each time.

Which method will cause this? What I did?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ahh ok. So exporting to duplicate won't cause that issue ?
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts