Eastern Arc vs Western Arc

AntiMoz

AntiMoz

Livin' the Dream
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
I'm in the Buffalo DMA and have LOS issues with the 110 and 119 (trees). I have great LOS toward the Eastern Arc. I dont care about getting the SD locals (which are on 119). Will E* allow an Eastern Arc installation in a Western Arc market when there are LOS issues?

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Yes sometimes if it is feasible. That is one of the reasons why they invented eastern arc ; line of sight issues.

S

setxman53

Sep 10, 2009
Texas
So here is my question...I live in East Texas as well and I do not get a very good signal on EA. It is my only options as I have no LOS on WA. How likely is it that the signal will improve. Could I get better reception using seperate dishes? And is it true about the upgraded equipment on EA?

digiblur

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
The 72.7 satellite should be swapped by the middle of October of this year, resulting in a better signal on that bird.

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
So here is my question...I live in East Texas as well and I do not get a very good signal on EA. It is my only options as I have no LOS on WA. How likely is it that the signal will improve. Could I get better reception using seperate dishes? And is it true about the upgraded equipment on EA?

Signal should be much better on 72.7 , the weakest in my matrix of sats. You have to have all mpeg 4 receivers in eastern arc . So any vip or k -model receivers will be the only ones that will work.

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Mix

I now have mix. 72.7 on dish 500 w/ only single LNB and single LNB adapter (got it from dish store) making it like a dish 300 but slightly larger (signal level in the 50's), 77 on an .8 meter dish, and 129 on a .9 meter dish. Just "moved" to Little Rock and one can not have 110 in the mix or it goes to spotbeam for SD locals but HD's are 77 w/SD's conus there if you dump the 110 dish and put in the 72.7. SS levels great and hope the SD's do look better since it's the only way for me to get CW that is half way decent.

T

tech3018

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 29, 2009
abilene
If you live in a bad neighborhood, a car full of gangsta rappers may do a drive by and yell out "Eastern Arc, muthaf'er!" if you choose a Western Arc dish.

Reverse that if you go Eastern Arc.
i got a laugh out of that one,very good...:D

T

Tightpapa

Jan 25, 2016
Kansas
So I just bought a lake house 80 miles due south on the Kansas Missouri border. It is pointing western arch and my home is EA . I pack up my receiver and super Joey each time I go to the lake and return. But it is a pain to tune each time . Line of sight should not be a problem. What are your suggestions? Do I have one moved and if so which.

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
It might help if you told us where your locals transmit from. Also, where is the lake house, general vicinity.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I know darn well there are more recent EA/WA threads than from 2009!